Feb 23, 2010

Cupid Roams My Garden

Several Years ago,  right after Christmas
I spied this statue in a garden center in Seattle

The statuary shop (The Secret Garden) was closed..
This is the view I had of "cupid"

I Loved the idea of cupid sneaking through my garden
with his quiver of love arrows...
looking to bring love to all who cross his path.


Truth be told....
when I purchased him his receipt said "The Hunter"
and the front of the statue was not as "romantic" as the back.
But I was sure he would work out.

When I got him home I struggled to find a place for him in the garden
where he could be cupid like.

Finially.. I had the crazy idea to face him towards the lattice fence,
buried deep in the bushes.

Just peaking through......


Silently... keeping watch on the patio


Waiting... for an unsuspecting victim to cross his path:-)


Today I am linking up to White Wednesday
Please stop by and visit Kathleen to visit some more Great Blogs!


Thanks for stopping by,

13 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

Great idea! Playing up his *best* features!
Rene'

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

You found a perfect spot...he looks great!!

Sherry said...

Nice garden statute. Looks really good.

Vintage Amethyst said...

Aaahh sweet.
love
Alison
x

Lori @ Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

I love how you placed him as if he were just sitting there...waiting...watching...perfect!

Tallulah Antiques Closet said...

Great garden! And I like the way the moss is growing on him, it gives him a much older look. I also luv to garden But the snails luv to eat my foxgloves... Have a great W.W. Julian

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

What a great statue...and perfect placement! I wish I had a nice yard for statuary!! (Our yard is still "under construction".)

Gretchen said...

What an awesome statue you found. Love the story of how it found its home too. Fun post.
Stop by and visit, I'm new to White Wednesdays and look forward to these blog share events.
Gretchen

Carole said...

I think that's pretty cool. :-)

Carolyn said...

I love your statue and i think you found the perfect place for him!

Carolyn

Lavender Cottage said...

I think the best part of your new statue is the size. Little ones (and I have a few) lose their importance in the garden when you can hardly see them.
Good find!

Faded Charm said...

What a great piece of statuary. I've never seen an actual cupid before. Thanks for playing along.

Kathleen

lvroftiques said...

Oh he is very very cool! Vanna