Feb 22, 2010

Nursery Shopping Diversion

Friday was a Beautiful day!
So we headed off to the nursery to buy
a few new roses for the garden.

We are driving along enjoying the sunshine...
When I see boxes and stuff
 all over someones lawn....
It could not be a GARAGE SALE in FEBRUARY
unheard of!


This wicker chair was sitting there so pretty,
No price, I ask....holding my breath alittle,
$2.00
I could not pay her fast enough!


I love this curley cue style wicker, I have two smaller
chairs and a stool in this style on my front porch,
And I am always on the prowl for more!

So we go to the nursery center, Buy some Beautiful Roses.

That night I still have garage sales on the brain.
So I peak at craigs list and find a few more
sales on Saturday that sound promising. 

Could I be so lucky?
YES

So for $12 more dollars I scored the following


This stunning vintage umbrella with rhinestone decorated handle.

A Vintage pearl double strand necklace, 
 with a lovley rhinestone clasp. 
I love the special details on vintage jewelery


A velvety millinery flower,

a 1901 needle book in perfect condition
from Edward Rose

And this sweet dimensional rose crocheted pillow.




It was a Great Haul!

I'm sure we will be back to our rainy spring
Northwest weather soon.

But what a great break!


Hope you had a Fabulous weekend!


8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Silly me...just having been to my niece's baby shower, I thought you were out looking for baby things! Even better, though! Roses. You were lucky, lucky, lucky! Thanks for sharing!

House and Garden Boutique said...

What fabulous finds you discovered this weekend.......really like the rhinestone umbrella! Great chair too.......I always feel so good after I run across such treasures! I hope you can stop by and say "hello" sometime. Lynn

One Cheap B*tch said...

That chair is an awesome find! Great price - love it, love it, love it!

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Those are some absolutely great finds and the prices were divine....the umbrella and the chair are my favs :)

Carolyn said...

Wow! What great finds at great prices too. The chair is beautiful!

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Great finds!!!! I never seem to get that lucky with garage sales! :-)

Carole said...

We have been lucky with our weather here in the NW, and I guess some people figure they may as well get a jump on the cleaning out.

You got a steal on that chair. I can not believe it was only $2!

I have a crocheted doily that looks nearly identical to the one on your pillow. My mother made it years ago. Makes me wonder if it was ever destined to be a pillow itself.

lvroftiques said...

Oh my gosh you lucky ducky!! BTW you're almost my neighbor! No wonder we have the same boudoir lamp! *winks* And gosh durn it you beat me to some great finds! Did you know that our craigslist has that same chair (or nearly identical) for $100?? So what a score! I'm turning green with envy! (a nice evergreen color lol!) Vanna