Feb 13, 2010

Penny Postcard Valentines

Happy Valentines Day!

These are just a few Vintage Penny Postcard Valentines.
There is something so sweetly simply about Penny Postcards,
  I always find them hard to resist. 

The back reads:

I send this word
to you my love,
I will always hold true,
As long as you love me,
my love.
I surely will love you.
Jesse


Cards sent in a simple time when strreet addresses were not necessary,
Just a name, town, and state name got it there.

The brief messages make me think of text messages,
 big thoughts abbreviated into small spaces.
The old way was so much more endearing :-)

 
Thanks for stopping by, 
 Hope your Valentines Day is Special!


2 comments:

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Love these!
I have a few old postcards that my great-grandmother received from admirers and friends as a young woman...it seemed like the popular thing in her day...like texting today. I also love that all they had to do was write a name and a town and state, maybe a street name, and that was all you needed to send one to someone!

GardenGirl said...

Beautiful blog...I miss it down in Puyallup! I visit often though. I'll add you to my site.

Happy "almost" Spring! ;)
deb @ Garden Party