Feb 11, 2010

Romance Novel Covers

In this week of Romance,
  I thought I would share with you a few
Beautifuly Illustrated  Vintage Romance Novel Covers

This Book is simpily titled
Love Poems
by famous authors

I love to think of the women who owned these books
many years ago, and their lives.

  I think of them sitting in beautiful gardens, in
beautiful dresses reading and daydreaming.
True Romance!

This book is titled
Infatuation
its copyright is 1909
Sounds Steamy!
Isn't this ladies hat fabulous!
Maybe this summer, I'll put on a beautiful dress,
sit in the garden, read one of these books and daydream :-)

Cindy at My Romantic Home is hosting
Show and Tell Friday
Be Sure to go visit, there will be lots of lovely blogs to view!


12 comments:

Susan said...

I think I was born in the wrong era!! Those look like wonderful books!!

bettycozycorner said...

Beautiful books.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Wow! Those are great. I've never even looked for something like that. Such fun.

Hootin' Anni said...

Simply perfect!! I do like the Victorian.

My Show N Tell is HERE if you find time to stop by for a visit.

Happy Valentine's Day Weekend!!

One Cheap B*tch said...

I love your photos and books. Soooo pretty! Am following you now!!! And I really, really love your logo photo. I want spring. Now!

Jean said...

Lovely graphics on these old books. Great decorating idea. Jean

Ms. Bake-it said...

Beautiful books! You have them displayed so lovingly. I like to collect antique novels but I especially love to collect old cookbooks.

~ Tracy

Marilyn said...

Your books are very unusual. I like the gloves and I see some pretty dried flowers. Are they from your garden? Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn said...

I think that is a lovely idea to put on a pretty dress and sit in the garden and read-it paints a lovely picture.
I love your header-is that your garden?
Carolyn

anything shabby chic said...

I love your books so beautiful!! I just started following your blog, i look forward to visiting.

Rebecca

Victoria said...

Those are such pretty books...so feminine, I love them!

lvroftiques said...

OMG! I have the same Infatuation book as well! I'm freakin' a little lol! Hmmm they must have released a bunch of them in this area? Grosset and Dunlap is in NY?? What are the chances? Pretty good I guess! And I LOVE your other books also! soooo charming and romantic! Do I know you?? Vanna