Mar 22, 2010

Easter on the Overmantle...


So I have been decorating the overmantle,
for Easter....

(click photos to enlarge)

I put my velvet covered rabbit...
front and center.


Along with this white wire egg holder,
I topped it with a vintage Easter card.



I love the little straw basket
he carries on his back.



I used natural undyed eggs,
in shades of green.
Araucana hens lay them this way.

I tucked in a couple velvet millinery roses,
for some color,
and because I love to use them whenever I can :-)


On the side shelves I diplayed,
Paper Easter Baskets
This one is vintage...


This one is a reproduction,
and I tucked this sweet little chick beside it.

It feels so nice to be using happy spring colors again,
shaking off the winter blahs!


Today I am joining Marty at  A Stroll Thru Life
for TABLE TOP TUESDAY

Stop by and visit the party!

Thanks for stopping by,

10 comments:

Myrna said...

Oh SO Beautiful!! I love the romantic, victorian Easter display! Great job!!
Blessings!
Myrna

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Great job on your Easter display. The yellow chick is cute. And great rabbit. Julian

Melissa Miller said...

Belle this is a beautiful Easter vignette! I adore your precious bunny and chickie. Gorgeous basket as well.

Happy Spring! ~Melissa :)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your overmantel is stunning and I love all of your Easter decorations. The row of bunnies at the top is gorgeous and the paper baskets are so pretty. I don't think I have ever seen any of these. The velvet bunny and the egg holder are stunning. Such a beautiful grouping and a lovely vignette. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Bella, your mantel is lovely. I love, love the velvet rabbit. Charming!!

Barb ♥

Denise Marie said...

I want a velvet bunny!! It all looks fabulous.

Sandra said...

Lovely, elegant mantel...everything looks beautiful on it. Great job. Just became a follower too. Thanks for stopping by my blog this week and for your nice comment.

Desires of the Heart said...

Hi Bella, Your mantle is just gorgeous!! Love the green eggs and everything you did. I have the same velvet rabbit!! Don't you just love him? He makes me smile and so did your lovely comments. Thank you for visiting. Hope you will come again. Blessings to you, Linda

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Lovely, as always! That velvet bunny is darling! I love him!

Mary Ellen said...

Bella your mantel is absolutely gorgeous! Looking at it reminded me that I have one of those egg holders and I had forgotten all about it!

I was perusing your other entries and it looked like you have stained moldings instead of white painted moldings. I too have an old house and am wanting to keep the moldings their natural stain but am having a bit of a time finding colors that I think will go for walls along with wanting to have a more shabby chic look. I am wondering if you have any room views of your home that I could see to help me along some. My main room I am working on right now is my dining room- you can see it here if you would like-
http://megardengal.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-am-doing-major-happy-dance-today.html

I am sure you are very busy but if you have any thoughts about what you would do if this were your dining room I would love to here!

bee blessed
mary