Mar 4, 2010

Emily's Dressing Table...



I'd like to show you a few things,  
On Emily's Dressing Table.

Here I must confess I truly don't know what her name is but...
she shouldn't be nameless,  so Emily it is :-)
and... I must also confess not all things are period correct.


Here is a Cabinet Card Photo of Emily,
she was obviously a Lady of Means,
she has Very Fancy Clothing.

(all photos can be enlarged by clicking them)


A scattering of items on her dressing table...



A Deco Era Brooch,
with rows of Sparkley Rhinestones.

A small collection of Black Glass Buttons.

A Few Hatpins, with Black Glass Tops,
Hatpins are the original Ladies Weapon of Choice,
these are Sharp and over 8" Long!


The end of a Deco Era Cigarette Case,
showing rows of Sparkley Rhinestones.



And lastly a Small Handmade Purse,
just enough room for a Cell Phone and Credit Card :-)


Today I am joining two great Blog Parties,
Please stop and visit...

For Show and Tell Friday

and

For Vintage Black Friday


Thanks for stopping by,




17 comments:

Debbie said...

Wonderful vintage items! I love to display stuff like that too!

vignette design said...

What beautiful vintage finds you have displayed. I love that they are all black too.

Debra@Common Ground said...

I'm in love with the black brooch, It's amazing as are all the other black ladies vanity items. Just beautiful.
Debra

Shirley said...

Very pretty vintage things. I love the little purse.

Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

Emily was One Fancy Lady ~ Love the Buttons & the Old Hat Pins....
Have a Wonderful Weekend

A Cottage Muse said...

Lovely vignette! Enjoy your weekend!

LDH said...

Hello Bella! So nice stopping by and seeing all of the beautiful items Emily had on her dressing table. Certainly a lovely collection!

I have perused many of your posts and enjoyed getting to you know you a bit! Sweet place you have here!

Thank you for stopping by my place and leaving your comment!

Kindly, ldh

Tallulah Antiques Closet said...

That is a real nice collection of victorian jewerly, and the way you displayed was great. Those little lambs are great when I can find them. Even for a good price. Have a great day, Julian

AshTreeCottage said...

I really like that purse and the cigarette case. So chic!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Gail at Victorian at Heart said...

I had to look at each picture over and over. I love Victorian items especially black so I reeeeally enjoyed your post. Thanks so much for sharing.

Miss Gracie's House said...

She just *looks* like an Emily:)...love those pretty black buttons!
Rene'

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Wonderful post. I love Emily's black purse and cigarette holder. So Chic!

Tattered Goods said...

I love it all... have a grat weekend and HVBF :)

smiles,
Sheila

ALWAYS THE ABRAMYANS said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the hat pins and the cigarette case is amazing! The Victorian shoe completes the whole table. I love it! Thanks for sharing..have a great weekend! -April

Sherrie said...

I love the hatpins. My mom has a collection that I have been trying to work on her in passing them down to me. They are just such a stylish piece of fashion of a bygone era. I posted my VBF early this morning and only now realized that I forgot to do McLinky, so I hope you have a chance to stop on by....thanks.

Gypsy Brocante said...

Brilliant choices for Vintage Black Friday ... what a stunning woman 'emily' was ... and her accessories are amazing ... It's very hard to pick a favorite, but I have to agree ... the purse is so perfect for a cell and credit card!!

Happy VBF!

xo
Jill

The Lone Dollier said...

I would love to have your cabinet photo and those black hatpins (I collected them LOL). And the glass buttons are awesome. Your entire collection is so pretty and worth drooling over.

Smiles~
Marilyn