Mar 25, 2010

Felted Chicks...

A couple years ago...
I saw a guest on Martha Stewart make needle felted chicks.
They were too cute, and I had to try!

(click photos for a larger view)

So.. you start with loose dyed wool...
a long, sharp barbed needle,
and you kinda shape it and push the needle into it,
until it holds the shape..

These are really small..
the bases are made from a pop bottle caps,
covered in organza ribbon.


It was a really fun project..  so fun that...


My husband wanted to try,
He is very creative, and has a great eye for detail!


So Mrs. Chick was given a flower for a bonnet...
and Mr. Chick recieved a felt top hat.
Together they are quite the stylish pair..
decked out in their Easter Best :-)

I see these beautiful craft rooms in magazines...
and sometimes wish I had a girly haven to create in.

But... I share a hobby / craft room with my sweetie,
he has his crafts,  and I have mine..
but.. we have a really great time creating together.

These chicks are a little silly..
but... I remember the time making them,
and it is a great memory!


Tonight I am joining Cindy at My Romantic Home
For Show and Tell Friday


Thanks for stopping by,

10 comments:

tales from an oc cottage said...

How cute are they!!!!!

m ^..^

Victoria said...

Ohhhhhhhhh cute!!! I love them!

Diann said...

So sweet!

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Wow, I'm really impressed! Those are so cute! I can't believe they are that small....the base is a bottle cap? Wow!

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

They are cute little chicks. I wish I had the skill for crafts. But I always like to see the skills other people have at doing crafts. Have a good day. Julian

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Cute!
How wonderful that you and your hubby share a craft space. Erik and I do also; it's called our office!!! :-)
We have a spare room that is used for storage right now; eventually we hope to turn it into a man cave for him so that I can make the office a completely girly craft room where I can stamp, craft and blog!

Susan said...

How cute!! I love it when crafters use things like cans, bottle caps to make wonderful things

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Too cute! And how sweet that you and hubby both are crafters.

CC said...

Bella.. I am here visiting via LaVoice and Thoughts from Meme's Corner..she has you as her featured blog..and I can see why. Your tiny birds are just adorable..and they are beautifully dressed. I have a husband that helps me craft as well and I love it. I think we're very lucky ladies...hope you have a gorgeous weekend.

Susie Jefferson said...

Very sweet - and very successful too. I think needle felting is beyond me (RSI) but I do love to look at it - so touchy/feely. I'm visiting via Thoughts from Meme's Corner as well (great minds...) Have a great weekend.