Mar 12, 2010

Pie Forks...

Our weather has taken a hard turn to..
ugly ville.
Wet, cold, and windy.
more the weather we should be having,
but I have been spoiled this last month or so.

So knowing garage sales were not going to be happening,
I decided to go antique shopping :-)

I had a great morning,
with some nice finds!

Today I thought I'd share my forks,
I'll show you some other stuff later in the week.

Aren't they pretty? ...unusual? ...

(click photos to enlarge)

They have a Giant Tine of one side!
Don't you love the weird and unusual?

The dealer in the antique mall had them labeled
Dessert Forks....



I came home and googled and found nothing,
similar for dessert forks.

I really wanted to use them when I serve pie...
I googled Pie Forks...
and up they popped.


Crazy and beautiful,
pie forks!


The Rhubarb is growing,
and I can't wait to make pies.
Good news to my husband's ears,
cause like I said before....
He really loves pie!

Thanks for stopping by,

5 comments:

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Beautiful forks! I love utensils that have a specific purpose. I think pie forks have that wide blade-like tine on the side so you can "cut" a bite and eat it, and don't need a knife to cut through the crust! Ingenious!!!!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I just found your blog and I just love it. Your dessert forks are so cute. You have lots of wonderful things. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Bella, What a great find on the pie forks. I think shopping for antiques at the mall or shops is always fun. Sorry your weather took a turn to more rains. I hope the sun starts to shine so you can have a good time garage saleing. Julian

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh Bella!
I don't think I've ever seen such a thing! Love these!!! This was a great find and they are in beautiful shape.
I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for these when I go garage sale-ing...they are soooo different!

This is my first time visiting and your blog is so pretty. I love the photos and love to see your vintage finds~
Have a wonderful weekend :)

Carolyn said...

Great find! I was checking for rhubarb today and see little sprouts poking up!

Carolyn