Mar 18, 2010

Porcelain Flowers...


Last Friday,
  I told you I had done a little antique shopping,
and I shared with you my pie forks,
I promised to share my other exciting find.

So here we are...
Porcelain Flower Place Card Holders..

(click photos to enlarge)

I have a growing collection of these..
I rarely find them, so it's been slow growing.
but last week, I found these three.
Stamped Dresden Saxony.


This is my favorite of the three new ones,
Roses... Roses...  Roses...
I like to use them to hold victorian calling cards,
(another small collection I have).
I also may stand vintage post cards, photos, or recipes in them,
oh yeah... or place cards:-)


These are what started the collection,
They are my favorites!
I bought them at an antique show, a  few years back.

They are larger and more detailed than the others.
They are stamped Germany


Then I found these in a box at a garage sale,
the whole group for five bucks :-)
Happy Day!

I love the ones in the front with the ruffled petals.
These are also stamped Germany.


Here is a group photo of my whole collection.
Just like a happy little garden :-)


Today I am joining Cindy at My Romantic Home
For SHOW and TELL FRIDAY
stop by and enjoy the fun posts...

Thanks for stopping by,

17 comments:

KarenHarveyCox said...

I adore porcelain flowers. Yours are magnificent. I once worked for a giftware company back in the 70's and they made the most lovely ones. What beautiful finds.
Karen

Adrienne said...

Hello Puyallup from Post Falls, Idaho. I may be the only person that visits you and actually knows how to pronounce Phew-al-up...

Your flowers are gorgeous and so are you...

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

How pretty those are!!! I love old cards and photos; what a perfect way to display them!

Victoria said...

Those are beautiful, they're so delicate!

Vicki said...

WOW $5 bucks for all them.. and I thought I got a bargin! they are just stunning!
Vic xxx

Mary Ellen said...

Bella I have never seen such sweet place card holders!! My you have quite the collection!! I will have to keep my eyes out for them now- they are truly lovely!

Diann said...

What a wonderful collection! They are all beautiful!

Susan said...

Oh I so love your collection. Roses are near and dear to my heart!!

Adrienne said...

Oh Sheesh! Showed your picture to my husband and now I think he's in love. He can't believe you're 45 - thinks you don't look a day over 30.

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Bella, I see you also have a great eye for collecting treasures. And thats a good idea to use the place card holders for post cards. I usually use old flower frogs. Have a good day. Julian

AshTreeCottage said...

Those place card holders are just wonderful. What a great find! If I owned them, I would never want to part with them.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE these!! Gorgeous! And I love the idea of using them for postcards and pictures- they should be seen
xoxo Pattie

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Bella! What a beautiful collection of place card holders! And what a great idea to use them for vintage postcards! Happy weekend...Debbie

A Cottage Muse said...

What a sweet collection! Glad I stopped by!

stefanie said...

they are just gorgeous!!!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Bella, These are so pretty. I might have to look for a few too. Have you ever considered printing up a few of the calling cards and selling them? They would make great place cards on a dinner table.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

shabbyrosetreasures said...

Oh my these are so pretty and I adore your blog it is beautiful!