Mar 29, 2010

Todays Flowers...

Today... I thought I would share with you...
a few flowers from the garden.

(click photos to enlarge)


An ocean of violets in bloom,
I love the sweet smell of violets in the garden.

My Grandmother Ruby grew violets when I was little...
and I loved to pick the tiny flowers.
So they always hold a special place in my heart :-)



My sweet little fawn lilies are still popping up!
see the spotty leaves like a fawn.


These blue flowers are some kind of allium (I think),
the name eludeds me (?).

Today I am Joining a new party...
This is a fun party where you can see flowers...
from all around the world!
I'm sure it's to become a favorite place of mine to visit!



Thanks for stopping by,

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Violets are my very favorite! A dear friend gave me some and they're the ones I've been waiting for. They are coming up now that the snow is gone and the ground is warming up. Thanks for sharing them and the lilies. I'll be checking out the link, too. ♥♫

Denise said...

This is an absolutely wonderful series of the most beautiful flowers. Your header is also fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing them and welcome to Today's Flowers. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do, and that we will see you again next week.

eden said...

You have beautiful flowers in your garden. I love the violets the most. I grow them in my garden too.
Thanks for dropping by

Kathy said...

Lovely violets. My grandmother had them too. Unfortunately they don't do well here in the Arizona deserts so thanks for giving me the opportunity to see yours.

Happy Easter

Sandy said...

Wow, I just love violets, they grow wild in the grass here but I won't see them for over a month!

Where did you get the toad lilies, I love their daintiness! (zuzu.foster@gmail.com)

I think the mystery flower is a double muscari (grape hyacinth).

Tootles,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/