Mar 9, 2010

White Floral Planter....


A Couple Weeks Ago,
I Went to a Beautiful Garden Center in North Seattle.
I Love to Go There to Get Inspiration,
but their Prices are through the Roof!

Every Year They Make Gorgeous All White Floral Planters,
and Every Year I Covet Them :-)

I Really Need to Learn to Bring My Camera,
so I Can Share These Things With You. 
I am a little a lot shy about Public Photography :-)

So....anyway I Decided to Make My Own Version,
And Since I Already Had the White Pot it was Pretty Cheap!


Besides...
The Fun of Making My Own, was Personalizing....

(click photos to enlarge)


I Love the Cottage Look of China Dishes In The Garden...
Tucked into Planters, and Around Flower Boarders....




I Pick them up Cheap or Sometimes Even Free at Garage Sales,
(chips are not a problem)
I Think Whimsey Makes The Garden:-)


I Tucked a Couple of Iron Fleur Hose Guards into the Pots Edge,
I Won't Be Needing any Hoses For Quite Awhile.



 I Have a Rusty Iron Headboard Leaning on the Fence,
I Think it Makes the Perfect Backdrop for this Ranunculus Bud,
and I Love the Barely Purple Centers on this Primrose too.

Yesterday Right After I Finished Planting this,
 Hail Started falling,
Spring Really is Here!

 Today I am Joining Two Blog Parties!
Please Stop By and Visit....

Kathleen at Faded Charm
for WHITE WEDNESDAY

and

for OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY


Thanks For Stopping By,

11 comments:

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

How pretty! And so creative! I never thought about using china dishes in the garden!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I like the detail of the china plate...very charming!!

ellen b. said...

You did a wonderful job creating this beautiful planter. Now I'm scratching my head wondering what garden center in North Seattle you went to :o) I like Wight's and Molbaks

Julie said...

Gorgeous, and I love your thinking. I used some old china plates from goodwill out by our pumphouse. It's so pretty and very whimsical! Your planter is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Joops said...

That's a great idea!

Date on a Cold Winter

Light and Voices said...

Wonderful idea for the garden, china plates.
Joyce M

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a lovely idea! You did a great job of creating your own. I like the idea of using old china and will have to try that. I know what you mean about being a little shy about taking pictures in public. I have gotten much better and if I ever have doubts about the subject I want to photograph, I just ask. More often than not, the answer is yes.

Thank you for sharing your white floral planter with us today.

~ Tracy

Miss Gracie's House said...

Love it! That's got me thinking about a couple of broken plates I have that I can't just throw out...Happy WW!
Rene'

♥ Kathy said...

I think that's really pretty! I never would have thought of it :) Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

KayC. said...

I want to plant an all white flower bed...a moon garden. So at night, when the moon is out shinning down on us, my moon garden will be shinning bright too. I love the plate in the flowers, just the right touch of romance.

Rettabug said...

Bella, I just spent a delightful hour wandering around your beautiful blog!! Such a treat! I adore all your flowers & wish I had the room & the ability to have such a garden. Simply lovely!
I will, however, borrow your idea of tucking a plate down inside a planter. I've had an old chipped dish of my Mom's that she used to use under a plant. It will be perfect featured in a pot right by the front door! Thank you so much for sharing your life online. You truly have some "Bella" or beautiful things.

fondly,
Rett

ps Now to go hunt down a pie bird for myself! :D