Apr 18, 2010

April in the Garden...

Let's go look around the garden today,
we are having a light drzzle...
we are by Seattle,  what else did you expect :-)

(click photos to enlarge)

I planted two of these azeleas today..
I have a hedge of three that hasn't filled in like I want,
so I am filling in a little.
The others in the ground are not blooming yet,
these came from a grennhouse..
and are blooming early.


Here is some rock cress (arabis)..
creeping over the stone wall.

Do you see the spikes of blue flowers in the backround?


Here is a close up..
They are ajuga reptans..
They are just starting to open.


Here is another variety of ajuga reptans,
this one has a varigate leaf, and the flower spikes are not as tall.
They are a fast growing groundcover..
 I think the flowers spikes look so whimsical in the garden.



Today I am joining Todays Flower
a great group of bloggers from around the world..
sharing flower photos!
Stop by and see...


Thanks for stopping by,

10 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely colours Bella, I like your background too. Thanks for sharing:)

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing your colorful garden. I'm off to work in my garden in a few minutes. Lovely day here!

i beati said...

what a splendid garden sandy

stefanie said...

i just love your garden!

noel said...

aloha bella,

very beautiful flowers, i love the purple adjuca, they are such good foundation plants...your azaleas are gorgeous

Lavender Cottage said...

Enjoyed the garden walkabout with you Bella.
I've only grown the ground cover ajuga and I think my lily-of-the-valley smothered it out.
Cold and snowing here yesterday but warmer today thank heavens.
Have a great week.
Judith

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Beautiful cottage photos.

Naturegirl said...

Bella how wonderful to have such a variety of blossoms in your garden!The pink azeleas look yummy!Pinks and blues are two of my favorite colors in the garden too!Have a wonderful day in your garden!

Denise said...

what a lovely garden you have. Thanks so much for sharing these delightful photographs with Today's Flowers and I hope you are having a great week.

Kathy said...

Wow! Your azaleas are so huge they look like peonies! Absolutely stunning! :-)