Apr 28, 2010

Lilac Tablescape...

(click photos to enlarge)

Today... I am showing you my very simply tablescape...


I have kept color to a minimum....
just lots of clean and simple white.

I used torn white cotton with a raw edge for my tablecloth,
and simple gingham placemats at each setting.


Lilacs are in bloom!
I wanted my tablescape to be all about them!


So... I made a giant bouquet!
 in an old planter from the porch,
the planterbox is wrapped in an old tin ceiling tile,
I love the rustic feel it added to the simple table.

The whole dining room smells like lilacs..
the smell of SPRING!


I know... I really should show the place setting too..

My plates are simple and white.
The napkins are mix and match vintage,
with crocheted edging...
and the silverware is just our everyday stainless.

I will be leaving the table set like this..
 as long as the lilacs hold up.

Since my husband works odd hours...
we will mostly be using the table for lunches.
So I will be using the white plates as chargers..
and bringing lunches in already "dished up".


I do hope we get to enjoy it at least once though,
 with the sweet candlelight  :-)


Today I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
for Tablescape Thursday



Thanks for stopping by,

23 comments:

Olga said...

Simple yet so charming. I love everything in your tablescape but especially the napkins. I like the chairs, too.

Beth said...

Bella, It is really beautiful! Love the lilacs and their container. Lovely placemats too.
Beth

Lavender Cottage said...

Bella
The bouquet of lilacs is wonderful, I can almost smell them here.
We have many lilac bushes that grow wild here, likely from the many farms where they were a favourite. Ours should be open in a week or so.
Your tablescape is simple, but elegant.
Judith

Mari said...

HELLO,
OHHH HOW I LOVE YOUR SIMPLE TABLE ITS BEAUTIFUL, AND LIKE THEY SAY SOMETIMES LESS IS BEST :)

vignette design said...

I can just smell the lilacs!

Melissa said...

simple elegance...

A Garden of Threads said...

The table setting is beautiful, the placemats work so well with the lilac. They must smell heavenly. I hope you have wonderful lunches at the table. Take care.

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Beautiful lilac tablescape! We don't have lilacs yet here in Wisconsin (a little early for them!) I love the way you've displayed them in that great planter. The gingham place mats are perfect with the beautiful white plates and napkins!

tales from an oc cottage said...

SOOOO elegant!

m ^..^

Johanna said...

Hi. Your tablescape looks very nice. I am also in love with lilac. That centerpiece goes so well with the plates and the napkins. Look all together really nice.
Greetings, Johanna

Calming Scents said...

Lilacs are one of my favorites. I dont have any in my yard so I have to go out searching each spring. I love those colors.

I also love that little lady on a swing on your other post....LOVE IT!

Debby said...

Gorgeous setting! Love the lilacs and the white.
debby

Mary said...

Omigosh, how charming! And I wish I could smell it -- it must smell divine! Beautiful!!!

CIELO said...

Good morning, Bellissima! Your tablesetting is exquisite... I love everything I see... are those real lilacs? My lilac tree is not blooming as it should this year... just few blooms... oh, and I have those same plates... aren't they lovely! By the way, I would love to invite you to our "Victorian Tea Party", to celebrate Mother's Day... come see!

Hugs

Cielo

stefanie said...

its gorgeous!!!

Mimi said...

Beautiful lilac and white table...I can almost smell the lilacs...mine have gone by until next year, they don't last nearly long enough to suit me.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Everything is beautiful!

Tricia said...

Oh, this is LOVELY! I agree -- let the lilacs be the star of the show! But your pretty gingham placemats and vintage napkins really add to the beauty of your elegant table, too!

Scribbler said...

So pretty! I am in awe of your lilacs -- I planted two last year, forgot to water, they died.

Yours are awesome!

Scribbler
http://scribbler-unfocused.typepad.com/

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Who needs anything else on the table when you have that gorgeous bouquet of lilacs! Breath taking! And is that your garden in your header? So pretty. I love the simplicity of your place settings. laurie

Atelier de Charo said...

Love your centerpiece, it's great.

Charo

Miss Merry said...

So simple, yet so elegant. I am a big liliac fan. I can almost smell their fragrance from your photos. Very pretty.

Nancy said...

Simple and elegant. Your flowers are so beautiful!