Apr 21, 2010

Rose & Moss Wreath..

I have been wanting a new wreath,
for the side of the front porch,
it's kind of empty over there..

(click photos to enlarge)

I had been wanting something mossy,
and then I found these sweet little roses..
and the plan was born.

Everything came from Joann's Fabrics..
the florals were 1/2 price,
right after Easter.


Everything is done with my crusty hot glue gun...
you don't want to see that :-)

I glued the moss on loosely..
so it had lots of fluff to it..
I wanted it to have a soft airy look
and... so I could tuck the flowers into it,
and hide the stems.


Here is the finished  rose and moss wreath...


and... here we are on the side of the porch,
I leaned the wreath on the sill of this old window.
The glass in the window was replaced with mirrors..
I had a large empty wall on this side of the front porch..
and found this mirror/window at a garage sale last fall.
 I really enjoy the way the window filled the space.

Here is a photo of the side of the porch in February,
if you would like to see a broader photo.


Today I am joining Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage
for TRANSFORMATION THURSDAY



Thanks for stopping by,

12 comments:

kim said...

Love that wreath and especially like the way you leaned it there instead of the usual hanging on the door.

Cindy said...

That turned out very pretty!

Miss Gracie's House said...

That turned out so so pretty!... and so cheerful for spring...your rose soaps for WW are just gorgeous...I'm gonna have to look for some of those!
THANK YOU for the sweet comments of compassion you left for me...so sweet!
Rene'

Kelee said...

So pretty and feminine! Great job!

Bella thank-you for stopping by--nice to meet you!

love, kelee @ www.katillacshack.com

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Great job! What a sweet wreath! It looks great leaned on your "window". That's so cool!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

that is stunningly beautiful! The roses are gorgeous and the moss adds a finishing touch!!!

Ginger said...

OK now I want one too!!! Just gorgeous and so romantic.

Ginger

Debby said...

WOW!! Your wreath is gorgeous.
debby

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Bella
That is a pretty wreath you made.
I'm glad I'm not the only one with an old crusty glue gun - mine is metal and heavy but still works well.
Judith

Pinkie said...

That really is beautiful. I still have my Easter wreath up. LOL

Carolyn said...

Great job! It looks lovely leaning against the old mirror.I have a similar one that I hang out on the veranda as well.

Carolyn

Melissa said...

What a pretty, airy little wreath - so feminine and springy...