Apr 11, 2010

Tulip Festival part 2..

Last Saturday...
I shared some photos of my trip to Tulip Festival,
at Roozen Gaarde, in LaConner Washington.

I thought I would share a few more pictures with you today..

(click photos to enlarge)

A field of sweet pink parrot tulips...


color blocks of tulips as far as the eye can see...


Daffodils as far as the eye can see..


a close up of a petite daffodil...


and grape hyacinths planted in a spiral pattern...
there are tulips are planted in between the rows..
but they are not blooming yet.

Today I am Joining Todays Flowers

Stop by and visit beautiful flower posts...
from around the world!



Thanks for stopping by,

15 comments:

i beati said...

just a fabulous grasp of color. I probably would never come home- such beauty !!sandy

Coffeedoff said...

Wow lovely photos. I really like the spiral!

Elaine said...

I love seeing the fields of daffodils like that....just breathtaking! The spiral is so interesting too...I bet it is so pretty when the tulips are blooming too. :)

EG Wow said...

The fields of bulbs are incredibly beautiful. How lucky you are to live in Washington where they are grown for the bulb trade!

stefanie said...

gorgeous!!!

eileeninmd said...

Just Awesome! I would love to visit Washington during this tulip festival.

Carletta said...

That must have been beautiful to see in person!
I love that first photo - LOVELY!
I do like how the grape hyacintha was planted. I might use that. :)
Mine’s here: Carletta’s Captures.

Louise said...

I love how those grape hyacinths have been planted. What a great idea!

Denise said...

Fantastic photos, all so beautiful. I loved the ones with the spiraled grape hyacinths also. Sure would love that in my garden.

Cher' Shots said...

all beautiful but I love the pink tulips and the spiral grape hyacinths the best. Great idea for future use

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

What a festival that must be! Lovely, love the sprial planting, and idea that I need to remember until fall so I can try it.

Judy said...

I love seeing the huge blocks of colour like that, but then the spiral of grape hyacinths! Oh, my! I had never thought to plant anything in a pattern like that!

Randi said...

This is stunning series of photos. I would love to have the ones with the spiraled grape hyacinths in my garden!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

What beautiful flowers! I have trouble keeping just a few flowers alive. Thanks for your visit and sweet comment on my chalkboard mirror and box project.

Ana said...

What a fantastic day out it must have been, fantastic photos. The spiral of grape hyacinths looks so lovely :)