May 17, 2010

The Dish Fairy...

So... This weekend was the first
really good garage sale weekend of the year.

I found lots of great goodies...

Since the dish fairy was shining on me,
I found lots of lovely dishes...
and thought I would share those with you today.

(click photos to enlarge)

A set of 3 pink fluted depression glasses,
to match my growing set.
Cost $1.00 for the set!

I think the swirl pattern really catches the light,
and looks so pretty on the table.


Here is a close up of the rose plate..
Its Royal Albert - Old English Rose.
Dreamy cabbage roses :-)
cost $3.00.



I found this little cream and sugar set.
no name,  just too cute.
cost 25 cents each!



I love the crazing....


My favorite find!
This dreamy biscuit jar
Hand Painted Nippon.
cost $10.00.


I found these salt and pepper shakers
at a different garage sale,
But I thought the were a nice match to the biscuit jar.
They were made in Germany.
Cost $3.00 for the pair.


I have a small and slow growing demitasse teacup collection,
so I was really excited to find this and the next cup.

This one is Victorian Rose by Paragon.
Cost $7.00.



This little cup has such lovely raised details,
no maker stamp.
Cost $1.00.


They make such a lovely stack...
I may have to set them up in a cloche
with my other teacup stack!
Click here if you would like to see my post
on my Pink Teacup Stack Cloche.




Today I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm
for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
stop by for a visit!

Thanks for visiting me,

19 comments:

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Bella
I don't usually go to garage sales but if I pass one in the morning while walking Topaz I'll wander over and have a look. The neighbour a few doors down had one last Saturday and I found a few things so I came home and got my wallet.
I think by being selective it could be thrilling to look for things you collect or that tickle your fancy! :-)

Sheila said...

Hi Bella - I wish we had the type of things you found on your Garage sale day around here. I have so many of y mother and grandmother's tea cups etc. What I need to do is have another tea for friends and use some of them more often. Have fun on your next garage sale day! thanks for commenting on my blog. I'll be back to say hello again.

Sylvia said...

Bella....Ohhhh that biscuit jar is to die for....love big fat roses on plates.

Damaris said...

You SCORED!! Love it!! XXOO

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv the depression dishes...great deal you got there! HAPPY NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Melissa said...

Beautiful teacups...

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Bella..
What wonderful pieces you have found! I have a passion for pink Depression glass as well..the biscuit jar is fab too!

Wanda

Carolyn said...

Hi Bella!

I have never seen pink depression glass at a garage sale...amazing!! Everything you found is amazing! I have never seen such awesome treasures at a garage sale! Maybe if I would go more often??

Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

Hugs, Carolyn

Doni said...

Oh Wow! Bella, you hit not only one jackpot, but many! I'm so excited for you! I know you just giggled all the way home! Congratulations on your wonderful finds. They're beautiful!
Blessings, Doni

Passionedeco...perchè le case hanno un'anima said...

Hello Bella!
I really can't believe you got that wonderful Royal Albert dish for $ 3...unbelievable!
Congrats for all your beautiful finds!
Fra

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Everything is so pretty, I really love the glasses!

Katy Noelle said...

I've really been enjoying your very pretty posts! Lucky, lucky you on your yard sale finds!!! Would you send that fairy right on over here, when you're done, if you please?! Thanks!

Katy Noelle

katie said...

Oh my you made some lovely rosey finds.
The pink depression glass glasses are beautiful.
Hope you find many more sales.

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Hi Bella!
Woohoo for the dish fairy!!! Great finds! Wow, those lovely pink depression glass flutes for only one dollar!
I love the biscuit jar and the sugar and creamer set too!

A Garden of Threads said...

I went "oh my" when I say the glasses on the rose plate, so beautiful together. But I must say the biscuit jar is also my favorite, what a lucky buy. Have a wonderful day and take care.

CIELO said...

Hi Bella... I have the same pink depression glasses, also found at a local thrift store... aren't they just sweet.... good findings!

Have a blessed day

Cielo

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Bella,

What beautiful things you found. I especially love the little teacup with the roses. I had to laugh when you said the dish fairy was shining on you. When he does the dishes or unloads the dishwasher for me, I say Ohhhh, the dish fairy came! I like your verson better! lol

Debbie

It's me said...

Woww Bella...what a beautiful blog you have !! i will follow you.................come to visit my blog.....and maybe you wil follow me too..............good night sleep well hugs from Ria

Cabin and Cottage said...

Well, you obviously know how to dig for the good stuff! Guess which are my favorites?! The WHITE things. Oh well. These really are nifty and thrifty. I'll have to head over there and have a look. Best to you JQ