May 2, 2010

Flowers of the Bog...

Today...  I thought we would bog blog :-)

My husband has a backyard Koi pond..
and some of the flowers are starting to bloom in the bog.

Let's go see...

(click photos to enlarge)

Our bog is a shallow strip of water on both side of the pond,
it's filled with pea gravel for planting.
Here is a view looking down the length of it
with pickerel weed in the foreground.



Here is a close up of the Pickerel Weed.


Here is an  other view of  the pond,
looking down into the water.
The water is 4.5 feet deep.


Here is a close-up of the Siberian Iris.


It's not a flower but..
when you are by the pond the Koi all swim over
to see whats going on and to beg.
Here is the hungry mouth of a Koi
begging to be fed.



Today I am joining Todays Flowers
come see beautiful flowers from all around the world!



Thanks for stopping by,

12 comments:

Denise said...

Fantastic! Not only do I love all your flower photography but those koi's are lovely too. Such pretty fish.

msdewberry said...

What an awesome pond to have in your yard! Must be great to sit by the pond and see the flowers and the Koi!

stefanie said...

what a great pond, and such happy koi!

Marilyn said...

My, what a pond! Who had to dig out all that dirt?! The bog flowers are pretty, too.♥♫

Leora said...

Oh, I love how the koi is talking to us. Nice to see all the wet loving flowers. I love iris.

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

What a lovely pond! Erik will be jealous; he wants a koi pond!

Jama said...

Your backyard must be really lovely with the pond and flowers blooming!

Sailing Simply said...

Love that Siberian Iris, and love that koi pond! I have a friend who's husband also built one. You are soo right they are always coming over to check out what's going on and beg. LOL! Your photos are so pretty, your very lucky to have one!

SandyCarlson said...

I have heard these guys munching crackers, and it's wild. They trust us, I think. Beautiful post.

Ana said...

what a lovely pond. That Pickerel weed is so pretty!

Autumn Belle said...

I like all your pictures. The Siberian Iris look very elegant, standing proudly among the leaves. The koi fishes are so lively.

CIELO said...

I don't know what I would do to have pond added to my urban paradise... ;) Oh I want one just like yours!

cielo