May 11, 2010

Garden Birds and Blooms...

First the birds...

(click photos to enlarge)

The Evening Grosbeak have arrived...


In a giant flock!

Usually we have eight or so,
they stop by for a few days each spring..
then they move on.

This year we have around three dozen,
and they have been here five days.
They are cleaning out three of these little feeders,
twice a day!


Anticipation!

This little guy is soon to be my first rose
of the year!

It's a Gertrude Jekyll.


My Pink-A-Boo bush heavily laden with flowers,
dangling around my little garden angel.



The blooms of my Paulownia Tree..
sometimes called the Empress Tree.

These are the trees you see in garden magazines,
that claim to grow twelve feet a year.
They really do!

We do have to do heavy pruning though
 because the wood breaks easily.
This is the first year we will get,
significant flowering. 

Today I am joining Susan at A Southern Daydreamer
for Outdoor Wednesday


Thanks for visiting,

10 comments:

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

I've never seen Grosbeaks before. They look like they are really large birds.
Beautiful flowering trees and shrubs! I wish my yard looked like yours! ;-)

A Garden of Threads said...

The Orioles have been slow coming north, we have snow and cold weather, so they are stalled in your neck of the woods. Your garden is starting to look lovely.

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Bella! Great pic's of the birds Ive never seen those before. We dont get them down here. And your garden look lovely. Have a good day...Julian

Sheila said...

Love the photos of the birds.. We have flocks of wild canaries that come in,stay a week or so, then they are own their way... I know you can't wait for your rose to open up, then all the others that will follow soon after.. Have a great day. Sheila

Miss Gracie's House said...

Oh...Gertrude Jeykll is one of my faves...she smells divine! I loved seeing your garden...esp that swing in the back...oh, sweet simple summer days!
Have a great day!
Rene'

Olga said...

It must be nice to have such visitors in your garden. My little yard is only visited by sparrows occasionally.

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi Bella! Ive never seen those before bird before either. Love seeing them, thank you for sharing. Your pictures are so pretty.
Hugz,
Kim

Ms. Bake-it said...

I have not seen any Evening Grosbeaks here. I like their coloring. What a pretty rosebud.

~ Tracy

Jeanne Selep said...

It's great to see photos of spring from all over!

jeanneselep.blogspot.com

The Tin Rabbit said...

Don't you love seeing beautiful birds at your feeder? It's like a special blessing! These are gorgeous! I've never seen Grosbeaks before...they are huge! Your garden is so pretty too! Enjoy! ann