May 26, 2010

My Beacon Light...

As I was blog surfing last night,
I stumbled on this Blogger's Quilt Festival
It's huge,  almost 600 quilters have already posted!
So... I knew I had to join...

(click photos to enlarge)

This is my first quilt.
 I made it back in 1992.

I had just bought my first home,
and had my first sewing room.

All of my quilts are hand quilted,
I enjoy the quilting, much more than the sewing,
it's so relaxing.  A great time for daydreams!

As you can see I had a smaller bed then:-)
Now my quilts are kept folded at the bottom,
for chilly nights.


Now my bedroom colors also lean more towards pinks,
back then I was much more of a blue girl..
I even painted my first house blue.

 So I chose this quilt today
 because it mixed in with my current bedding.


Here's an overview...


The pattern is called Beacon Light..
It was a good beginners pattern.


I also love to embroidery.
So I made simple tags for all my quilts,
Recording what number  they were,
 the pattern name, and the date.
Sadly.. I don't quilt much anymore.
I don't have as much room for the frame.
I miss it though,
and playing with my quilts today
 rekindled my creative juices.

Besides... I could stand to relax more :-)


On a completely unrelated note...
Here is my pillow pup Twiggy
(only he thinks he is a pup, he is really quite
 a little old man).

He thought since I disrupted his pillow nap
with my shuffling about,
He should be allowed to say hi to everyone :-)

Don't you love those giant ears?
All the better to hear you with my dear!


Do stop by the Quilt Festival and visit!


Thanks for visiting me,

17 comments:

Victorian1885 said...

Oh Bella..I love Twiggy! Your quilt is lovely..I took quilting classes and never made it past making table runners! I love collecting quilts and displaying them but have to leave it up to more talented ladies like yourself to create them. Take care!

Wanda

Denise said...

I love your quilt and Twiggy is adorable. I have a "pillow pup" also. My Sammy loves to be on my bed or under the quilts. He's 13 years old.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Beautiful quilt! I love your embroidery block, what a great idea! The quilt festival is truly a word of art.

Lavender Cottage said...

Oh, he is so cute Bella, give him a hug for me.
I wish I had done quilting at some point in my life but I did other crafts that I enjoyed.
Your #1 is pretty and you had a great idea to incorporate a little nameplate into each of your quilts. Maybe I'll show my one and only some time that is all hand stitched by a lady on PEI that I bought on holiday one year.
Judith

A Garden of Threads said...

What a beautiful quilt, you should get back to quilting. It is so relaxing.

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Hi Bella,
awww, Twiggy is so sweet! He looks perfect on the bed. What a gorgeous quilt,too! I always admire people who know how to quilt. It looks like it might be a wonderful hobby (if you have the time and space, that is!)

It's me said...

O that sweet Twiggy..so cute !! i love his ears !!! so sweetie !!

Nice quilts.........happy day.........hugs from Ria

Autumn Belle @ KDP said...

What a nice blog you have. I like the quilts and craft work you made. These are some of the things that I'd love to do too.

Carolyn said...

Your quilt is lovely! I used to quilt in the winter too and I enjoyed the quiting part the best also.

Mari said...

OMG!! BELLA HOW SWEET IS YOUR TWIGGY, HE IS JUST ADORABLE :) AND YOUR QUILT IS FABULOUS!!!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY MY BLOGGY FRIEND~MARI

someplace in thyme said...

Twiggy is the cutest and just made me laugh. I love your quilt and am happy you found the perfect blog. I am off to explore the treasures you have, Char

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

HI Bella, Twiggy is a cutie. He sure dose look comfertable on the bed. You did a great job on that quilt. Im sure that was a lot of work to create it. Have a good day...Julian

Shannon w/ Monkey Dog Quilts said...

Your quilt is uber-licous! Love your doggie too. Sew On!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hello Bella~ ~ Twiggy looks like a sweetheart I love that face. He reminds me of an Italian Grayhound.
Your quilt is lovely and I like the pattern. I'm looking to ask Mom to make me another table quilt. She enjoys quilting but I don't. I like all the white in yours but I'm going with pinks and greens. I've been saving up pale pink rose patterns and soon I'll have enough to begin.

ENjoy your weekend.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Olga said...

Beautiful quilts. The embroidered label is a great idea; it's very cute too. And those huge ears, oh they are just adorable.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Gorgeous quilt! I am a novice quilter with so many unfinished parts, pieces and tops! I aspire to complete them before our future grandchildren start arriving! :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
(I finally am trying to get to more of the lovely Quilt Festival participants....I hope you get a moment to come by and if you do please leave a comment so that I know you were there.)

Your Twiggy is too cute! He looks like he knows exactly where he belongs...tucked snugly on your bed. :o)

Eileen said...

lovely quilt--love that pattern. your doggie is so cute!! thanks for sharing. come vist my site: http://fligamapoof.blogspot.com/