May 20, 2010

A Spot of Tea..

I have been stuck inside the house this week.
We have been having a fun project done on the patio,
I can't wait to show you next week.
And we have been having unseasonably cold and wet weather.
It is just plain nasty outside.

So it has got me busy inside.

 I started to paint my Family Room walls.
This corner is all I have done so far..
 it is a huge change!
Here is a post from last month were you can see the old color.
The new color is Pale Cucumber by Behr.

(click photos to enlarge)

Also,  I painted this shelf..
which was a very dark wood.
The new color is Deep Cream by Ralph Lauren.

When I bought my 1902 Victorian House..
I decorated in the traditional Victorian style.
Which has felt to dark and heavy to me.
I have been wanting to lighten, brighten, and cottage it up a bit.
So this is my new beginning,
just a little shelf in the corner,  but so far I am happy!


Anyway...
What did all that have to do with a spot of tea?
Well.. in the beginning of the week
I shared with you these garage sale finds,
Click here to see that post.

I told you I have a small collection of Demitasse Teacups,
so I thought I would share the others today.


This one is unmarked,
I love the happy band of roses.


This one is also unmarked,
The feet of the cup are shaped like leaves,
it has so much delicate detail.
It stands just  2" tall!

Tiny teacup may be silly..
but I tend to collect unusual
and impractical items :-)
They just make me happy..
and that's really what it's all about anyway, right?

The first cup on the second shelf
(sorry I forgot to get a close up)
is a little larger then the rest,
and made by Meiko China.


I bought this china clock recently,
the clockworks and face were missing,
but I love the colors and the painted flowers.
And have been looking for a little tabletop clock.

I need to get to the clock shop and fix it.
For now little velvet pansies fill the hole :-)


This tiny creamer has been floating around my house forever.
It goes perfectly with the demitasse teacups!


My favorite part is it's square on top...
isn't that fun?

Thanks for stopping by today...
I know I have been long winded.
I need to get outside!

Today I am joining Cindy at My Romantic Home
For Show and Tell Friday.



Thanks for visiting me,

33 comments:

Mari said...

HELLO BELLA,
LOVE YOUR NEW PAINT COLOR, WOW PAINT CAN SURE MAKE A MOOD!!! LIGHT COLORS MAKE ME FEEL LIGHTER AT HEART.....
I JUST LOVE ALL YOUR TEACUPS AND YOUR NEW PAINTED SHELF LOOKS GREAT :)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Bella, YOur newly painted shelf is so pretty and I love the soft creamy white! Wonderul and full of beautiful treasures.
Yvonne

Olga said...

Bella, you have a charming collection of teacups and a beautiful shelf to display them on. I like the new color, too.

afistfullofweeds* said...

Love that color and those gorgeous teacups!!!

Melissa said...

I like the new color and I really like how the delicate green in the teacups is picked up in the wall paint.

Susan said...

Hello Bella...Ohhhhh, lovely, lovely shelves with lace and the demitasse cups are gorgeous. Sincerely, Susan

The Tablescaper said...

Just beautiful. The shelf, the lace, the dishes - just lovely.

- The Tablescaper

Shelia said...

Hi Bella! Oh, the paint color is so pretty. I love your shelf and all your pretty dishes! Oh, my, you have a lovely collection.
Be a sweetie,
Sheli a;)

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Bella, That is a nice paint color. And a great collection of tea cups. I also like the white shelf. Thank's for sharing your treasures...Julian

Debbie~ said...

Wonderful job on your darling shelf, and your tea cups and saucers are such a fabulous collection!!! Thanks for sharing! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Passionedeco...perchè le case hanno un'anima said...

Once again, everything is just so lovely!
I have to say that: every time I come here (and I do it so often!!) I spend some minutes looking at your header image. It is so beautiful. That is your garden, isn't it?
Fra

Olivia~ said...

Hello Bella, this color is fabulous, I am going to check it out! I am dying to paint my house, it is more a of taupe color, which is not bad just boring. Your cups are oh so pretty and i love the shelf!
Have a fabulous Friday,
hugs,
Olivia

It's me said...

Love your post........beautiful tea cups !!

Happy weekend enjoy !! hugs from Ria

The Blackwood Cottage said...

Love the new paint color! I enjoy both the light and the dark tones, either way...change is nice. Have a beautiful day!
Machelle

KATHY said...

Your shelve looks so pretty!! All your china is beautiful....Kathy

LisasCreativeHome said...

Pretty Display Piece. Love IT!

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

These are so dainty and sweet. I can see why you love them. And the wall color is going to be gorgeous! I love the name of it. I can't wait to see what you've done to your patio. We've been working on ours too.
Kelly

stefanie said...

what a gorgeous collection you have...oh, I know your patio is going to be gorgeous!!!

Kathy said...

Love the paint color, the shelf is 'creamy' dreamy and I love the first teacup! Looks like it has a 3 leaf clover too! Brilliant!
Kathy

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Your tea cups are the loveliest. Would love to join you for a cuppa ;)

Have a great weekend, your blog is lovely by the way. xo

Cindy said...

Lovely tea cups and what a great color on your wall and on the little shelf. It looks really beautiful! All of it.

AshTreeCottage said...

I really like the new paint color and your shelf is darling too!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Susan said...

I absolutely love the Deep Cream Color!! The shelf is so pretty with all the delicate china. I also have alot of dark victorian colors in my living room/dining room. So although I am stuck with the burgandy sofa and love seat, I have been trying to add touches of cream to the room to lighten it up. I don't know what I was thinking to buy such dark heavy furniture!

Sherry said...

It looks wonderful! I love the color and especially the dishes. Teacups are marvelous!

Victorian1885 said...

Beautiful display..I love the shelf! Your teacups are dreamy and the clock is going to be fantastic!

Wanda

Ginger said...

Beautiful dishes, and the little square creamer is adorable. I love dishes also and showed some of mine today too. Would love you to come by and see them.

Ginger

Grannys Attic said...

I love the new RL color and the little tea cups are so pretty. Blessings, Vicky

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

what a lovely display.. and I love the shelf with all those beautiful china! I particularly love the clock! amazingly beautiful! thanks for sharing and have a good weekend!
xo
fitty

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Bella, I am SO glad you stopped by my blog..and now I too have found you as a result.... ( I am now one of your followers as well)

YOU WILL LOVE having the lighter colors around you..they just lift your spirits and are so much easier to show off your beautiful collections. I know I will NEVER go back to dark again.

Really like your "faceless" clock too. ~ Sweet find !

Your things are deligfhtful.

Rose

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Girl I love all your pretty tea cups...but that clock is beautiful and what you did with it...Hope you have a Fun WEEKEND my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Hi Bella, I think my favorite of this sweet post is the little clock with the missing face. Just leave it as is and you will never be pushed for time again. :) I am thrilled with our decision to get chickens. We have three and are getting one more soon. It's just Bobby G. and me so three or four chickens gives us more than enough eggs and some to give away too. The chickens stay in the coop and the run until mid-afternoon, mostly because I want their eggs laid in the laying boxes not all over the yard where I can't find them. Once they lay the daily eggs then we let them out to roam the property. They haven't messed with any of my plants. They did get into a fresh small garden I had dug up for my zinnia seeds. They thought it was much fun to scratch in the fresh dirt. I just put a little wire fence around it for the time being. We have tons of tall pinetrees and the "girls" love to scratch in the pine needles. It surprised me how much we have come to think of them as pets. And they come when I call them too. Go for it!

Willow said...

I love the pink and green teacup. It is so lovely. We have been having the worse weather too.

Willow

Vintage French Hen said...

Hi Bella, Just found your blog and your tea cups are so sweet! I will be back to visit again...Marcia