May 3, 2010

Teacups in the Secretary...

(click photos to enlarge)

I thought I would share with you the top of my secretary today.


The secretary sits in the corner of my parlor.
I inherited it from my Grandmother Ruby...
and have filled it with quite a few of her teacups.


My Grandmother belonged to Eastern Star,
and made a lot of great friendships there. 

When one of the ladies in the group went on a trip,
she would bring back a teacup as a gift,
for each lady in the group.

So my Grandmother had quite a collection of teacups
of varied tastes and styles.


This little boot with the lavender porcelain roses,
 is just something I like, that I tucked in :-)


These are a couple of my favorite cups in her collection,
happy spring colors.


This teacup is the most special...
It was painted by my Grandmother herself!
She loved to paint china
and was quite talented!
The original saucer was broken,
so this is a mix match replacement.

I have quite a few plates and platters she painted..
I will share with you another day :-)


Today I am joing Marty at A Stroll Thru Life
for TABLE TOP TUESDAY

Come join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by,

12 comments:

Melissa said...

You have some lovely teacups there - I love the blue floral one in the second to last picture.

The Tablescaper said...

Ssuch a lovely collection in a beautiful piece. You are so lucky to have inherited such treasures.

- The Tablescaper

Splurgie said...

You have a very handsome piece of furniture there! All of the teacups are delicate and feminine. I couldn't choose a favorite. I'm sure your grandmother Ruby would be so pleased that you shared them with all of us.

Victorian1885 said...

Happy Tuesday Bella!
Your secretary has a twin here at our home.. the tea cups from your Grandmother are lovely. Thank you for leaving a comment on my Blog.
Have a great week!

Wanda

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi Bella, I love the way you have your teacups displayed on your secretary. It looks darling. I really love the teacup your grandmother painted; she must have been so talented. Thank you for visiting my Tabletop Tuesday and leaving your kind comment on my floral display in my French country bucket. It really is amazing how life like the flowers look. I really appreciate you taking the time to visit.
Hugz,
Kim
Hugz,
Kim

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Hi Bella,
What a beautiful way to display your teacups, using that fabulous secretary. Gorgeous collection of teacups, too! The one your grandmother painted is very lovely; I can't wait to see the other things she painted.

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Bella, your teacups are really lovely and I adore the secretary. Charming!!

Barb ♥

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

The secretary is gorgeous. Such a beautiful piece and you have such a beautiful display of teacups inside. Each shelf is a lovely vignette. I love all of the teacups, but I so agree, the one your grandmother painted is simply breathtaking. Such delicate and beautiful flowers. Stunning. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Kathleen Ellis said...

How lovely! and what an unexpected treat for the top of a secretary! I, too have quite a collection of teacups...love them all!
Have a beautiful week!
;-D Kathleen

CIELO said...

So pretty! Have I already invited you??? ;) Yes, we're having a Tea Party on Mother's Day and I'm inviting you to show your teacups! Come see!

cielo

nannykim said...

It is so wonderful to have this old hutch and tea things from your grandma! What a blessing and a neat story.

http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Sorry I'm late visiting your Tabletop Tuesday, glad I didn't miss it! The secretary is beautiful! What beautiful treasures you have with your grandmother's tea cups! I love painted china, such a a pretty teacup!

Your blog is beautiful!

Katherine