May 23, 2010

Garden Tour Mosaic...

This Morning
 I went to the Garden Conservancy
Open Day Tour,
that I told you about yesterday.

The three houses on the tour today
were all very close to my home.

So since our weather is still nasty
I decided to only go to the one garden
I hadn't visited before.
The other two I have visited a few times,
and I decided to save them for a sunnier day.

I had a really great time
We Visited the Homeranch Garden
Ted and Ruben were fantastic hosts!
They have 4.5 acres of  Old growth pine,
with sweeping lawns and
a stunning variety of perennials.

(click photo to enlarge)

So... for my mosaic today
I have featured Ruben's pride and joy,
a great variety of Hellebores...
and a sweet cherub :-)


My favorite plant of the tour
was this gorgeous Tree Peony.
It was over six feet tall.

I don't have any Tree Peonies... yet :-)
but.... I am so smitten!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend!


Today I am joining Mary at Little Red House
for Mosaic Monday
Come join in the fun!

Thanks for visiting me,



12 comments:

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Hi Bella,
I always enjoy looking at other people's gardens; for inspiration as well as appreciation!
Beautiful hellebores and super charming cherub statue! It sounds like Homeranch Garden would be a lovely place to visit.

Olga said...

Beautiful! The droplets of water on the flowers make them so lovely and jolly. They truly send out the spirit of spring.

ladycat said...

Beautiful flowers!!! Great shots!

Lavender Cottage said...

You took fantastic shots of the hellebores Bella. So glad you shared the tree peony in bloom; is it as fragrant as other varieties?
Judith

32˙North said...

Hi Bella,

That tree peony must have been a sight to behold - beautiful!

Amanda

Wendy said...

I love tree peonies! My in-laws have a couple, and I would dearly love to have some too.

Beautiful mosaics!

Victorian1885 said...

It looks like you had a great time..wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing..

Snappy Di said...

Oh my! What a glorious looking mosaic. Thanks for being a part of this Monday's mosaics with the rest of us.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Cottage Garden said...

This sounds like my kind of day out, it must be such a gorgeous garden. Lovely pictures - the tree peony has me in a swoon! Great mosaic!

Jeanne

A Garden of Threads said...

What a beautiful mosaic, I love the little cherub in the garden. Have a wonderful week.

Pondside said...

Very pretty mosaics! I love the tree peony too - I'm on the lookout for one and for the perfect place in the garden.

DesigningLadyJane said...

Hi Bella, what a lovely mosiac of the hellabora and cherub. I have heard of hellaboras before, but wouldn't know to recognize it if I actually saw one. They sound like fascinating plants.