Jun 12, 2010

A Beautiful Day...

We had the brightest blue skies today!
Just in time to take some photos
for Today's Flowers.

(click photos to enlarge)

A pretty cluster of  Deutzia "Magician" flowers...


Toadflax blowing in the breeze...


The Valerian are tall and so happy this year,
you can see two different colors here.


and...
This Gorgeous photo of a Pansy..
(No I'm not being vain :-)
Mike took this one!

It's worth blowing it up to see!
(just click the photo)

It was so pretty, I had to borrow it!
I am trying to convince him to start a blog of his own
to show his gorgeous photos!

On the weekends when we garden
we both bring our cameras
(yes... we are both to bratty to share:-).

So we garden and take photos all day,
at the end of the day I am always amazed
how we spend the whole day in the same garden
looking at the same flowers,
and yet are photos are nothing alike!

Men and women really do see thing so differently!
It is fun seeing the world through his eyes:-)

Today I am joining

Come visit and see whats blooming
 in the rest of the world!


Thanks for visiting me today!

16 comments:

Ruth said...

so so beautiful... if i had a garden i would also spend the whole day in it and take pictures..:)

Bunny Jean's Decor... and More! said...

How wonderful to have such a beautiful day to be out in your garden. I grew lots of Valerian when I lived in Washington. I will have to see if I can also grow it here in Texas.

Talk to you soon ;)
Bunny Jean

Cabin and Cottage said...

Glad about your sunny skies today! Your garden is awesome. You mentioned my shop--Yes Saturdays are particularly busy for me. And I have family in this weekend! Very astute of you to find me in RH mag! Thanks for popping in now and then--I'm sure you know how good it feels to sense an actual presence out there! JQ

magpie chic said...

The pansy photo is completely spellbinding.
The whole macro thing with cameras is so cool I think. Especially for people like me who can just put everything on automatic and just enjoy the process. Love your garden.
Jacqui

Marie Arden said...

Love all your pink flowers and earlier post on flowering trees. I have a blog about pink living so we have a lot in common.
I also had posts on pink houses--I always look for pink houses. And you like peonies too so do I.
Happy Summer
Marie Arden Pink Living.blog

Naturegirl said...

Love the unique names of a few of these specimens!I adore both shades of Valarian..I love to plant purple blues and lavenders in my own garden!Have a wonderful day viewing TF!
I'm featuring PINK peonies!

Lina Gustina said...

I love seeing all... thanks for sharing this lovely flowers :)


http://www.womenandperspectives.com

Ebie said...

Bella, thanks for the names of these flowers. I have seen them, but I do not know the names.

It is fun and hard work, to tend all your beautiful blooms.

Have a nice week!

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Those magician flowers are new to me and what a lovely treat. Just beautiful, all of them.

Donna said...

such pretty flowers!

Donna

Donna said...

Hi Bella,
your flowers are just gorgeous! I have seen valerian many times, but didn't know the name til now! Thanks! I am afraid that I am a bit behind on my gardening. Blogging has become a real addiction, so I need to find a way to better balance it all! :)

Lavender Cottage said...

Yes, you should encourage your husband to start a blog Bella. If he's the kind of guy that likes to garden and take photographs then he should be sharing them.
I enjoyed all your flowers in this post, my valerian is at least a couple of weeks away from flowering.
Judith

Average Girl said...

So romantic..... makes you want to sit right in the middle amongst them!

Arija said...

A beautiful garden and lovely flower shots. Yes you are right, we all see the same things differently. We can both photograph the same trip and you would think we'd been on different planets.

LC said...

What lovely and delicate flowers... the detail in your gardens is very special and your photography is a joy! Larry

Denise said...

You've caught the light just perfectly on these beautiful flowers. Great photos, thanks for sharing.

An English Girl Rambles