Jun 11, 2010

A Couple of Pink Ladies...

It's time for Pink Saturday...
so what better time to show off a couple
lovely pink ladies!

(click on photos to enlarge)

Since we have been having a cold wet spring
I am taking advantage of it and getting some
extra planting and transplanting in.

I just planted these
Our Lady of Guadalupe Roses.

They are planted under a Purple Robe Locust
which is dropping it's flowers...
Don't you love the pink petal covered ground?


Here is a close up
the buds start a deeper pink...


and lighten as they bloom.


and since yes...  It is still raining here!
I rescued a couple from drowning.

I put them on my nightstand,
with a couple sprigs of Toadflax.
Sweet Dreams :-)


Another Pink Lady...
this cute little drive up cafe,
I saw in Sequim last Sunday.
It even had a too cute name.. Tootsie's:-)

Last Sunday.. was the last day of Mike's Vacation.
So we took another day trip,
and went to Sequim, WA.

Sequim is on the Olympic Peninsula
and in the "rain shadow" of the Olympic Mountains.
because of that it receives less than
sixteen inches of rain a year.

Making it a perfect place to grow lavender.

It is gorgeous there,
with rolling hills of lavender everywhere!
We are planning to go back
 for the Lavender Festival in July.
I can't wait, and promise to share lots of pictures!

Today I am joining
Beverly at How Sweet The Sound




Thanks for visiting me today!

22 comments:

Brenda-shabbycatsandroses said...

Hi Bella :) Happy Pink Saturday to you :)

LOVE your new roses! They are the prettiest shade of pink. I wish I could grow roses...we have a few planted, but they just don't seem to do very well :( any tips would be GREATLY appreciated! How adorable is that sweet Cafe :)

Have a great weekend!!

Warmest Hugs, Brenda

someplace in thyme said...

Oh Bella, looks like lots of rain for you, but your new rose is gorgeous. At least you are able to enjoy a few blooms in your home. I bet they smell heavenly too. Happy Pink Saturday my friend, Char

Ruth said...

Bella,
Have a great Pink Saturday!
Love your pink roses... so beautiful as always..:-)

Ruth

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Bella
Your roses are so beautiful! We too have been getting extra amounts of rain and cool weather..I am hoping we see the sunshine this weekend! Take care..

Wanda

Gypsy Purple said...

This is soooo lovely!!!

podso said...

I love the shade of that beautiful rose! And enjoyed the photo of the pink cafe!

Roselle said...

That new Rose is breathtaking. Happy Pink Saturday!
Roselle

Ginger said...

Your rose is beautiful and the pink building is great. What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing. Happy PS
Ginger

stefanie said...

sooo pretty!!!!

Princesa Nadie said...

Today we have think about the same thing...Roses... I think as it's June and the rose is the flower of this beutiful month.
Love

A Garden of Threads said...

What a beautiful shade of pink on your roses and the lovely pink carpet around them. Have a great weekend.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Lovely roses, Bella! How sweet that pink cafe is. Wouldn't a coffee from there be a treat? Thanks for sharing and Happy Pinks to you.

Blessings,
Sandi

katillacshack.com said...

That is a cute cafe! Lovely roses...Happy Pink Day!

love, kelee

Madelief said...

Dear Bella,

Very pretty roses!

Happy sunday!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Bella! Thanks for following and leaving such a sweet comment on my blog! That hosta surrounded by the sweet woodruff was one my fav photos I took this season. That stuff is the most perfect ground cover.

Your new rose is just breathtaking! I sure wish my roses looked as healthy as yours. Something is having a hayday with mine and leaving the leaves looking like lace! Agghh!

Happy Pink Saturday to you!

laurie@heavenswalk

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Bella,
Your post brought back so many sweet memories of when we lived in Washington State! We lived in Blaine and we visited everywhere...I love that state and I loved all the rain, too. My children thought I was a little nutty, I think, as I would put on my raincoa and boots and garden in the soft rain/mist. It is one of my happiest memories and boy do the flowers, cherries and strawberries grow there! Just the right amount of sun and water!
Jil

Olga said...

Beautiful pink roses. The little bouquet is so delicate and lovely. And that's a nice little pink cafe.

Debbie said...

Hi Bella...your roses are just gorgeous!!
All of your pictures are so pretty.
That pink cafe looks like a fun place to stop.
Have a happy Saturday.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Becky said...

I love your garden and your photos of the pink ladies were perfect for today. Happy Pink Saturday!

Lavender Cottage said...

Pretty pink roses, your favourite. Can't wait to see all the lavender, mine. :-)
I think we're all getting the rain lately - what happened to the hot, dry summer the farmers' almanac said we'll have? Oh right, now quite summer yet.
Judith

SPLENDEROSA said...

So happy you're joing us in Pink Saturdays. I have so much fun with a fantasy family of over-the-top women who love pink everything. Your roses are beautiful, and I so envy you living in that part of the world. xx's

Mari said...

HELLO BELLA...
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE YOUR SWEET ROSES!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! I WANT TO VISIT THAT PRETTY COFFEE SHOP :) HAPPY PINK SATURDAY TO YOU BLOGGY FRIEND~XOX~MARI