Jun 2, 2010

Flowers Afloat...


Today.. I decided to set a so fru fru table:-)
sweet and romantic.

(click photos to enlarge)

I kept the colors simple...
just pink and white with
a pop of lavender in the centerpiece.


I used my Cottage White plates with the basket weave pattern,
with a pink depression glass plate on top.

The stemware is also pink depression glass,
I wanted the candlelight to sparkle in the glassware.

The napkins are Rachael Ashwell Shabby Chic,
with a floral napkin ring.

I flared the napkin out to show the beautiful edging.

The shape of the napkin looks like a ladies dress,
the napkin ring a belt at her waist :-)


Here is a side view...

We are sitting in the parlor again.
I love to sit here in the summer because
it has the best view of the front garden.


But... since this is a romantic dinner
we should close the shade,
and enjoy the candlelight.


The center piece is a shallow glass bowl
of floating flower heads..
lit with a floating gel candle.


I love floating flowers...
dreamy!


I place to small bouquets of Pink-A-Boo flowers
on each side of the centerpiece.

I put the flowers in the pink depression fluted glasses.
 I found them at a garage sale,
I shared that with you in a post
 about the dish fairy!
Click here if you would like to read about that!

Today I am joining
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch



Thanks for visiting me today,

27 comments:

Donna said...

This is so pretty and romantic!

Donna

Cabin and Cottage said...

Well I just left a comment at your DISH FAIRY post and I don't even know how I got there! Your centerpiece here is amazing! Never heard of a gel candle. So sad. Maybe that's because I only shop vintage. Lovely table. JQ

Kom Achterom said...

Your floating flowers are beautiful!!
I love them alsow.
pink is a lovelely romantic colour!
I wish you a verry sunny Weekend
Yolanda

Brenda-shabbycatsandroses said...

Oh Bella, what a lovely and Romantic tablescape you have set before us :) The color scheme is so fresh and summery. Just Beautiful!

Warmest hugs, Brenda

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

I love your sweet and romantic table! The pink glasses are beautiful. I love the texture around the edge of your white plates.

I'm heading out to an auction today and hoping to get some really great deals.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Your table is so pretty! I love the flowers, the linens and your gorgeous centerpiece!
Cindy

A Garden of Threads said...

A very romantic table setting, love the floating candle in the dish with the flowers all around. Who needs food as you gaze into your partners eyes and dream.

Victorian1885 said...

I Love it Bella! So pink & Romantic.. Thanks for sharing..

Wanda

Rettabug said...

Very, very "fru-fru", Bella & like your name, BEAUTIFUL!! I just love the softness of it all.
I have the same wine glasses...only 2 left of the set, though. :-(

The linens you used are just wonderful. I ♥ old lace!

Sandy said...

Spectacular. I'm keeping this one!

Tootles,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Mari said...

HELLO BELLA,
WHAT CAN I SAY EVERYTHING IS JUST BEAUTIFUL :)
YOUR CENTER PEICE IS STUNNING :) WHAT A GORGEOUS TABLE YOU HAVE SET!!! HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEK :)

Lara Harris said...

Very pretty! :)

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Love your sweet and feminine tablescape.
Just a vision of lovliness any lady would
love to have lunch or dinner at!!
Great job!
Blessings, Nellie

Splurgie said...

What a pretty centerpiece! Beautiful table.

nannykim said...

This was so sweet! I loved it!

my tablescape is not on my usual blog ...it is here:
http://monkeybusiness-nannykim.blogspot.com/

Madelief said...

Hi Bella,

I love the way you decorated your table. It looks very romantic!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

I am so in awe of you creative ladies that can set a stunning tablescape like this!!
Your name says it all . . . BELLA BELLA!
Everything about it is so perfect you don't even need food :-))
Thanks for sharing your treasured pieces and inspiring ideas!!
Hugs and Smiles,
Lynn

Denise@alloverroses said...

What a beautiful table! I agree with Lynn you don't even need food! I would love to be dining at your table. Thanks for sharing such a lovely post.

Denise

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Sweet romantic table! I love those napkins!!! I bet it's wonderful to have a table with a view of your garden!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is sooooo pretty!

Mimi said...

Simple, but so elegant.

Atelier de Charo said...

So romantic and elegant, love the centerpiece!

Hugs
Charo

THE VERANDA HOUSE said...

HI BELLA YOUR TABLE IS SO SO ROMANTIC ALSO THE CENTER PEICE SO FEMENINE THE PINK WINE GLASES.WELL I LOVEIT ALL...BLESSINGS

Beth said...

Very pretty tablescape, Bella! Love your centerpiece and love your depression glass! It is romantic and feminine.

Barbara said...

How elegant!

The Scarlet Petticoat said...

bella,
i really love the mood your centerpiece sets...i have never seen a candle like that. i will have to be on the lookout, because it is really beautiful and the flowers look so romantic in the light.
donna

Miss Merry said...

Fru Fru is terrific. I feel like I need to find a white lace dress and join you for tea! I love your pink depression glass. What a pretty, pretty table!