Jul 25, 2010

Cottage Bicycle...

How about a bike ride on a summer day?

It's a stationary bike..
it's baskets full of posies:-)

(click photos to enlarge)

I got this cute old bike free!
a few years back.
and turned it into a whimsical planter


The front basket holds this once pink bird house
I made many years ago.
Little tree frogs often take up residence
in birdhouses around the garden.


The little pink house has it's own bee wind chime:-)


The back baskets flowers are starting to bloom...


The baskets are stuffed with moss,
 a creeping succulent plant binds it all together...


Pretty Pink Petunias and Catmint,
a favorite combo of mine...
Bright blue hydrangeas (endless summer)
make a happy backdrop...


Johnny Jump ups by the petals...


and more climbing the old spokes...


Grab the handle bars and come for a ride:-)

Today I am joining Ceilo
at The House in the Roses

and Olga
at Olga's Home and Garden Blog

Thanks for visiting me today,

18 comments:

Anja said...

Good inspiration, my garden is too little otherwise I would take your idea to my garden.
What else, I love the picture with your rosecake, never saw in life such a lovely made cake.

Princesa Nadie said...

What a lovely idea...so an old bicycle became in an element more in the garden
Really beautiful
Love

Brooke said...

Wow, that is a wonderful combination of blooms.
What great idea for that bike, too cute! ~Brooke
http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/WebGarden/261885457648?ref=ts

Maleviks Rosenträdgård said...

Wonderful Bike :)
Håkan

Gracie's Cottage said...

What a happy place; I'll bet the fairies just LOVE to play in your garden. :)

Jan

Bernie said...

Just love it! Such a terrific idea ... just adore the little violas on the ground.

Brenda ~ Shabby Cats and Roses said...

Hi Bella :) What a terrific idea putting an old bike INTO the garden and making it become PART of the garden :) Now instead of being some old ugly thing to be thrown away, it is now a wonderful thing of beauty. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Have a great week, and see ya for "Tea" Tuesday's Parties.

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Hi Bella,
This is such a clever idea to make use of an old bicycle!!! I love it!
It's so pretty with all the flowers winding around the wheel spokes and spilling out of baskets. I might have to try finding an old bicycle now!

Cabin and Cottage said...

More fun stuff in your garden! I missed your fish yesterday--That's a trip! Glad you didn't drop your camera! Ha! We have Oregon weather the last couple of days. Well okay, just the overcast and drizzle, NOT the cold. Pretty pleasant change. See you for Tea--JQ

stefanie said...

I love old bikes, I have one in the front of my house, but the plants dry up so fast!! I love how they are in full bloom in yours!!!

Mariette said...

Dearest Bella,

You have such a fertile looking soil that no matter how, all your flowers do well! Be it biking or else...

Greetings from Georgia/USA

MariettesBacktoBasics

Mo said...

Oh my! Just gorgeous!!!! I love it all! Also, your blog is fabulous!!!!

Lavender Cottage said...

Bella, that is too cute! You use so many things imaginatively in your garden.
Judith

Olga said...

You always have fantastic garden decorating ideas. I love the little birdhouse. And the flowers, of course, are gorgeous.

Cabin and Cottage said...

Hey Bella! Come over and have a conversation with me on my BLUE post! I have a question for you there--Q

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

That is just so cute! I love the little birdhouse in the basket.

AshTreeCottage said...

How cute is that!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Nancy said...

Adorable! It looks perfect as a planter. I have always wanted an old bike to do this with. I've looked a few times online. Love this!