Jul 13, 2010

White Roses and Thankfulness...

Today I spent the morning at
Point Defiance Park... In the rose garden.

It's an incredible garden with hundreds of varieties..
It's actually quite overwhelming
you think you have picked your favorite
 then move ten feet and pick a new favorite
and so on...


(click photos to enlarge)

An ocean of pure white beauty...


 These oh so soft and ruffled ones..
with just a blush of pink...
where one of my favorites!


 A sweet full bud in the sunlight... 
  

This one I loved so much..
It is Matilda
one of the few names I remember. 


A vigorous climber...


A cluster of beautiful white buds..
with sunshine yellow centers... 


The bud and the bloom in this photo are of the same bush..
The ruffled pink bud fades to white in bloom.


That is all  the white roses,
I will have to show you the glorious colors later:-)

Did you notice my big blog make-over?
I have been wanting and trying to do this myself for a few weeks..
It was much beyond my know how.

I found Karen at Valentine Design
and loved her beautiful designs,
so we got together:-)

She designed my Fabulous Header
 using my garden photo, so fancy!
I am thrilled!
I had put together a button and wallpaper I liked
She made my blog dreams come true,
and she was a complete pleasure to work with!

Thank You Karen!


 The Gorgeous Wallpaper and Blog Button graphics
came from Beth at Tattered Chic.
She has a fabulous blog and Etsy store
 that will keep you drooling for hours!

Thank You Beth!


 My Biggeest Thanks though goes to all the kind friends
who have shared their so very kind and sweet words with me
about my sweet girl Holly.

You have made my heart swell with love:-)


 So I have made a giant BOUQUET of THANKS!
I wish I could send it to each of you:-)


 I made it out of mixed roses,

Because that is the true beauty of blogging.
everyone is so unique..


 and beautiful...


and each of you so very special!

Thanks you all so very much! 
You have filled my heart!

I am joining...
Kathleen at Faded Charm


 and..
Susan Susan at a Southern Daydreamer



 Thanks for hanging in to end of my crazy long post!

28 comments:

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Hi Bella,
I love your new blog look! The header looks wonderful!
Gorgeous white roses!!!! WOW!!! I would have been in heaven walking through that park!!!

Cabin and Cottage said...

White roses are my favorite! SURPRISE! These are so very beautiful. I love all the subtleties of color. Your new look is WONDERFUL! The new header is so pretty and so YOU! Your new button is cute as a button! Not very original, but true--Beauty, beauty, everywhere! A nice spot to visit--Jacqueline

Melissa said...

The white roses with the breath of pink or yellow are just lovely.

Jeannie B. said...

I love the Matilda rose!! And I love your blog back ground. It would be just what I would choose. If I would have know how, anyway.. Lovely!!

Victorian1885 said...

Beautiful post today Bella. The roses are so perfect! I too love the new look you have created! Have a great evening!

Wanda

Cindy Adkins said...

Beautiful, beautiful!!! What a joyful blog! I'm going to sign to be a follower...thank you for showing us such beauty.
Hugs,
Cindy

Lavender Cottage said...

Bella, your new blog look is perfect for you with all the pink roses. Wow, so pretty and feminine, the button is nice too.
Enjoyed seeing the roses, I like the group of whites with the buds.
Judith

Debbie said...

I noticed the new header frame right away. It's beautiful!!!
Your posts are always so inspiring. LOVE all the roses.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your blog looks very beautiful! I really enjoyed looking at all those magnificent white and blush roses. So divine!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Patricia Torres said...

Oh my.. such gorgeous flowers.. Am sure they felt your thanks... Lovely links.. I'm off to check them!

Cabin and Cottage said...

Hey Bella---It's Mary Louise Parker who plays Ruth in Fried Green Tomatoes with Jessica Tandy and Kathy Bates --you should see it again! The Q

Marie said...

Your white roses are so heavenly! I luv your new blog design, it suits your posts perfectly.
-marie

Olga said...

Hello Bella, the white roses you photographed at the park are very pretty. And your bouquet is gorgeous.
I love your new design. I'll try to get your button tomorrow (too tired now). Good night.

SPLENDEROSA said...

Just beautiful, both the photos and the words.
xx's

Secret Garden Cottage said...

The roses from the park are amazing, and your bouquet is beautiful!
Joined your blog hop...looks like fun!
Your new blog style is lovely, BTW. :)
Have a good night!
~ Jo :)

Michella said...

~ Hi Bella :)) Love your blog makeover and I will definitely put your button on my blog!! Absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for sharing all the gorgeous flowers!!
~ Michella ~
~ ~ xo ~ ~

Regina said...

hi bella
your blog makeover looks great,i like it.
and the roses they are soooooooooooooo beauty.
have a nice summerday,
hugs regina

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your new header is just beautiful, the frame is so perfect! The white roses are so special, I'm sure you had a great visit to the park!

Maleviks Rosenträdgård said...

Wonderful Roses.....
Love your photos....and that you like roses :)
Hugs from Sweden
Håkan

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Lovely Post Bella, and so is your blog. I laughed when you mention one of the few you remember with names of flower plants. I have a hard time remembering too, but Matilda is easy. White roses is my favorite along with the pink ones..

Enjoy your Day*

Olive Cooper said...

Bella, the white roses are wonderful for a White Wednesday. ♦olive

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Bella, how beautiful! I adore roses of any colour but the white ones are stunning and I bet their scent is heavenly. Your new blog look is very pretty! Happy Wednesday and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandi said...

Gorgeous flowers you have shared with us! I love white flowers and especially those ruffled roses!! Amazing! Happy WW!
Blessings~

GoodyGirlRed said...

Beautiful roses, they brightened my morning--thanks!

Hood Photo Blog said...

How gorgeous. Love how the light shines thru the petals on the 4th photo. Have a good rest of the week :)

Hood Photo Blog

~~Carol~~ said...

Your blog header has got to be one of the prettiest I've seen! And I love all of the white roses that you've shared today, especially the very ruffly ones!
Happy WW!
Carol

A Cottage Muse said...

Beautiful photos! So happy I stopped by ~ I feel like I was just given a bouquet!

awal.ny said...

Those white roses are beautiful. I like the ones with almost no accent color.