Aug 13, 2010

Adventures in Garage Saling part two...


Did you see my first adventures in garage saling post,
where I found a gorgeous Tea Set garage saling?
If you missed it you can click here...

I also found a couple other pretties that day...

(click photos to enlarge)


I found this Homer Laughlin
covered dish in  the Hudson pattern...

Homer Laughlin is one of my favorite dish makers...



This sweet Hand Painted Nippon salt shaker
missing it's pepper...

Too beautiful to leave there alone :-)


A pair of small German bowls...


Worn to a charming imperfection...


Today...
 I picked up this too cute saucerless Prussian tea cup,
to add to my stack!


Then I found these Bone Dishes,
They are Homer Laughlin
in The Hudson pattern...

Just like the covered dish I found last weekend...


But like companies so often do
the pattern had changed...

The bone dishes are roses
the covered dish daisies.

Still no love lost from me,
I love mix match :-)

Those are my pretty Pinks for the day!
Come join in Pink Saturday for more fun!

Some of you have commented
 how lucky I am at garage sales
I have been really lucky this year
(and will keep sharing some goodies I have stashed).

I think my luck has to do with a few things...

We have no swap meets or fleas markets in our area.
So people sell there own goodies at home.

I keep to a route in old towns near me,
and am familiar with some repeat sellers.
as I am also familiar with sales to skip.

The two small towns I make my route through
both have an antique district downtown.
So there is a love of vintage in my area.

I have a very sweet Husband
who enjoys the thrill of the hunt
almost as much as me!

Saturday is another day,
garage sales beware!


Thanks for visiting me today!

22 comments:

Marydon said...

What beautiful finds, Bella. LOVE the Nippon shaker, make a great hat pin holder.
Have a wonderful PS summer weekend!
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

NanaDiana said...

Bella-What wonderful finds! What's that old saying- Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity? Yeh-You were there at the right time and you prepared your route beforehand. I'd say you are one smart garage saling lady! I love the Nippon shaker too. It's a gorgeous piece. And I also love Homer Laughlin. I had a whole set of his dishes at one time. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Diana

Mari said...

HELLO BELLA...

WOW WHAT GREAT FINDS YOU LUCKY CHICA YOU :) LOVE YOUR COVERED DISH JUST STUNNING :)

HAPPY PINKY PINK SATURDAY :)

XOX~MARI

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Bella
Some time between my meetings this weekend to check in with a few friends.
I like the covered dish and think it's close enough to go with the roses.
Well, let's see where you keep all your dishes. :-) I know you've likely shown this already but I have a short memory - especially for names this weekend!
Judith

Victorian1885 said...

Oh Bella I love the covered dish and the bone dishes! All of your finds are lovely as usual..have a great time hunting for treasures Saturday!

Wanda

Coloradolady said...

Oh, how I wish we had sales like that here....but we don't. You have some beautiful dishes you found and I am so jealous!!! ;)

Happy hunting!!

Cabin and Cottage said...

Sheesh! Well I like the daisies. A nice change from roses. Yes, I had to scoot off but I laughed when I saw that one minute gap! We don't even live in the same time zone! Let me see, I must always be running an hour behind! Sounds about right. I have people in tomorrow. But today I picked up some cool milk bottles and Victorian silver plate. Too bad I can't load a picture right here. Sounds wonderful that your hubs likes kicking around sales with you. My friend Kay's Mr. likes that too. Mine waits, and not well. But he cooks!!!!!!! Have fun finding stuff! Thanks for popping in. JQ

DesigningLadyJane said...

Gorgeous selections, all. It's hard for me when I go shopping to not be so overwhelmed, I can't pick out the treasures from the trash. Everything you bring home, tho, looks the most incredible find you could wish for. I love that covered dish.

Kleines Rosenhaus said...

Liebste Bella
Ich bin wirlich sprachlos. Das ist so traumhaftes Porzellan, ich glaube so etwas findet man nur einmal im Leben. Ich wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende.
Claudia

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Bella, What great china goodies you found and they all seem to be antique. What a great find indeed. Thanks for sharing your treasures.....Julian

meemsnyc said...

What great garage sale finds! Amazing.

Maleviks Rosenträdgård said...

HI BELLA
REALLY NICE CHINA :)
HUGS FROM Håkan in Sweden

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Bella,
Such lovely things that you have been blessed to find!!

HPS!!

Debbie

Madelief said...

Hi Bella,

Such great looking finds! Your lucky to have a husband who enjoys fleamarkets as well :-)!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Princesa Nadie said...

I love all what you find in Garage Sales,here we haven´t that markets ...I have hearded about some markets in some towns in Málaga(Sun Coast)
I live in Cádiz and it's not too far so next autumm perhaps I will go on weekends...Maybe I´ll found some beautiful Tea cups
I love your Prussian Teacup
Hugs

Susis gelbes Haus said...

Oh I love it... your founds very very nice..
Kisses Susi

Heaven's Walk - said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a partner in crime when treasure hunting, Bella! lol! My hubby loves it too, so it really makes garage saling and antiquing so much more fun! Love the beautiful delicacy of the dishes you brought home. Sooo pretty!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Mariette said...

Dearest Bella,

That explains a lot; quite interesting and also good that people in your area love vintage things. For me, that brings romance into our lives, just a little touch that one cannot buy anymore.

Have a great Sunday with greetings from Georgia,

MariettesBacktoBasics

Katy Noelle said...

Dear Bella,

Thank you for these garage saling tips. I am terrible at garage sales. I always feel like I am coming home with someone else's junk and have wasted money. This makes me think.....

Thanks! katy

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Bella,

You do find fabulous stuff that's for sure...I'm in a tourist area so I have to drive a good ways from here to find good prices. I can find what you are finding but they are inflated prices compared to what I've been used to paying.

The German bowls and Prussian tea cup is out of this world.

My husband loves the thrill of the hunt too. :0)

Happy{PiNk}Day,
Stephanie ♥

Jean said...

Such lovely dishes. Congratulations on such pretty finds. Happy Pink Day.

Blooming Rose Musings said...

I have been away so now that I'm back I am working my way backwards to catch up with your lovely blog.
You certainly are lucky at sales! The dishes are all lovely. I'm with you...I like to mix and match too. And I like to use my finds and not just put them away. It makes every day a bit more beautiful.