Aug 3, 2010

Bellevue Botanical Gardens...

 Today I made a trip to
The Bellevue Botanical Gardens.

This is about an hour North of me
and a great place to wander...

(click photos to enlarge)

I was so surprised to see the gardens,
that were once busting full of cottage style plants
were being remolded.

They are adding more pathways
and the plants have been thinned and replanted.

I would have LOVED to have been at the plant sale!

Anyway...


Fall Cyclamen popping up...


A vivid stand of tall Snap Dragons...


Delphiniums are one of my favorite plants,
this one was just gorgeous,
so many layers of perfectly ruffled petals!


They have these beautiful
wattle fences around the edges of the path...
Even the fence cap is so cute!


A perfect Lily...


White feathery Astible in the sun...


Geraniums spilling onto the pathway
with a white Hydrangea as a backdrop...


Bee Balm.. Complete with a bee :-)


Fuchsias dangling about..


Not many Roses,

This beauty is Lavender Lassie,
So delicate, and with a nice Musk Rose Fragrance...


Purple flowering Hosta,
So elegant...


 I think this is where the Faeries live
who tend the garden!

If I build one maybe they will tend my garden too?
I could only be so lucky!

Today I am joining...
Susan at A Southern Daydreamer

Maybe the faeries will do some weeding
while we blog hop tonight:-)

Thanks for visiting me today!

24 comments:

NanaDiana said...

How lucky to be able to tour those gardens...but kind of disappointing that they weren't in tip-top viewing condition. I have heard that they are some of the most beautiful gardens ever. Thanks for the photo trip....my favorite? The fairy door...I have one of those myself~ Diana

Cabin and Cottage said...

The Astible is pretty dramatic! Yes, feathery too--I've never seen it before. Nice. Must have been a beautiful day for an outing. Great to get a share of your tour! Jacqueline

Mariette said...

Dearest Bella,

Great visit of the Botanical garden that you shared with us. One can tell that the climate (and for sure the soil too!) in your area is so much more favorable for plants. But ENJOY!

Sunny greetings from Georgia/USA

MariettesBacktoBasics

Kleines Rosenhaus said...

Es ist ein Paradies. Welch ein Glück in der Nähe dieses herrlichen Parks zu wohnen. Danke für die traumhaften Bilder.
Claudia
Have a nice day.

Light and Voices said...

This was a heavenly garden tour.
Joyce M

GardenGirl said...

Thank you for the reminder to get to the Botanical Garden! I always forget...your site is always a joy!
deb @ Garden Party

Sandra said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing so much beauty!
Love from Spain.

Heather said...

Beautiful gardens Bella! I love the work that went into the fence. Could you tell me what those were in your first pic? Such a pretty yellow....

Becky K. said...

Oooh, that delphinium is stunning! Great photos. It seems late for Astilbe...but that one looks good.

Becky K.

rose marie said...

hi, your photos are spectacular! always so soothing to the soul to visit the garden, lilac or violet lights in the variety of beautiful flowers, thanks for sharing with the world. Rose marie

Marie said...

The Bellevue Botanical garden looks amazing indeed. I luv the little door for the fairies most especially. Stopping by from OW.
-marie

kate said...

beautiful photos, thanks for the trip to the garden.
kate

AshTreeCottage said...

Thanks for the lovely garden tour! I am enchanted by that fairy garden gate!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Madelief said...

Hi Bella,

What an enchanting garden! I would have loved to visit as well!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Maleviks Rosenträdgård said...

Hi Bella........
The Delphinium was wonderful :)
Hugs from Håkan

Zondra Art said...

Beautiful garden, pictures, blog...!!!
Big regards and kisses from Croatia:)
Zondra Art

Sheila @ Dodging Raindrops said...

Great photos! The last time I was there was in the winter for a Christmas fmaily photo so there wasn't much blooming and it was a very cold day!

I love the delphinium - so unique!

Lady Farmer said...

I have never seen a Delph. that color! Stunning!
I've never been to the Bellevue B.G. either, but I will have to make a trip up to see them. Looks lovely!
Blessings from a fellow Washingtonian!

Passionedeco...perchè le case hanno un'anima said...

Dearest Bella,

thank you for your lovely words and for always beeing present!

With love,
Fra

Cindy said...

Bella, The Bellevue gardens are so beautiful and colorful! I love them.
Hugs, Cindy S

Linda said...

Very beautiful gardens...my husband and I try to tour different gardens in our area in the spring and fall...too hot now!

Olga said...

I love going to formal gardens where I can wander around. Beautiful flowers. And I like that cute fence.

shabbychicchick said...

Beautiful flowers and I just loved the little bottles I would have gone back for them too LOL. Love your Blog I am just learning thanks for visiting my blog suesjunktreasures.

Heather said...

I love the Coreopsis in your first photo (wink, wink) it looks like the "moonbeam' - must get that low-maintenance Perennial for sure!