Sep 9, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cake...

With to do with the glut of zucchini
in the garden?
Well of course make cake:-) 

 (click photos to enlarge)

 Chocolate Zucchini Cake...

In a bowl mix together
3 c Flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

set aside

*********************
In an electric mixer mix together
4 eggs (I am vegan and used Ener-G egg replacer)
3 c sugar
3 (1 oz) unsweetened chocolate squares (melted)
1.5 c vegetable oil

add flour mixture... till just mixed
(it may seem dry at this point,  the zucchini will correct that)

*********************
Fold in
3 c zucchini grated
1 c chopped pecans

*********************
pour into a greased and floured bunt pan
(I used baby bunt pans :-)

Bake at 350 degrees
for 75 minutes...

Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar
Enjoy!

Since the veggies are in the dessert
I think you can skip dinner all together :-)

 

 The Pansy's are delighted about our cooler weather..

 Today I am joining...

and
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

Thanks for visiting me... 

19 comments:

Olga said...

Oh, it looks so good. I would love this chocolate zucchini cake for dinner ;-)

Bella, where do you buy Ener-G egg replacer? I'd like to try it.

Have a great Friday!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I have a few zucchini in the fridge from the garden. Your cake looks delicious. I saw the little pans in our local supermarket the other day and I was tempted to buy one but did not. Seeing how cute the cake looks in them is making me change my mind. Have a great weekend.

Tete said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tete said...

Our pansies come in the spring here- how fun it is to have them now.

A Garden of Threads said...

Bella, they look so yummy and sound simply to make. Thank for the recipe. Have a wonderful weekend.

High Heeled Life said...

yum!! Love zucchini bread ... and chocolate .. this recipe sounds devine!! thank you for sharing... I have made a note of it... XO HHL

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Oh, I'm so into your skipping and going right to dessert! Looks beautiful!

Alison said...

Oh Yum! I'm definitely in favor of having dessert for dinner! Just wish my zucchini plant was producing, maybe I can buy some at the farmer's market...

Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Bella! So great to get a good look at your last three posts! I've been away and have a &^$*&%$* (bad) net connection! But I loved your French, and your mirror posts. The linens peeking through are a wonderful detail in all these posts including this one! The mirror photo reflecting your room is so special. You must have loved the way it worked out! Happy posting! JQ

meemsnyc said...

That cake looks delicious! And healthy with the zucchini!

21st Century Housewife© said...

Your cake looks beautiful - and how wonderful that it is good for you too!!

Melissa said...

We love zucchini cake too. Look at the happy pansy.

AshTreeCottage said...

Looks very tempting and a great way to get my hubby to eat some zucchini!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Princesa Nadie said...

Delicious!!!
I'll try it now,having a Tea
and lovely pansies,they are a dainty flowers,I love them
Kisses

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh boy does this look good! What time is desert? :)

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Hi Bella!
Looks good! MMMmmm! My mom always had tons of zucchini in her garden, so she'd make zucchini bread and zucchini cake...but I like the sound of your chocolate zucchini cake!

nancycreative said...

That's such a pretty dessert!

Regina said...

hi bella,
this recipe sounds very delicious.thanks!!!
have a nice time,regina

Melodie said...

That's a beautiful cake! And I love the photo of the pansies to boot. Thanks for sharing this at Vegetarian Foodie Fridays. I love chocolate zucchini cake and I am very happy to have a new recipe for one.