Dec 16, 2010

My Icy Archway...

Can you believe...
There are only nine days until Christmas!

Where is the time going?

(click photos to enlarge)

Do you remember when I showed you my archway
decorated in fall branches?
(if not, you can peek at it here)

I told you I revamp the branches for winter
and thought I'd share that with you today...

Oh yeah...  several of you asked
Don't the leaves fall from the branches, when they are brought inside?
only two fell...




The branches were spray painted metallic silver
a little glitter sprinkled on them
(most of it blew away,  the weather has not been nice here!)


As you must know by now
I love the look of icicles...

These are giant,  almost a foot long!


I think they look the most beautiful when the room is dark
and the icicles glow with just a bit of light from a candle
or the Christmas tree..
so soft and magical.

I just couldn't catch it with my camera...


Today I will be a late joiner of
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage

Thanks for stopping my...


11 comments:

rosarod said...

Hi Bella, Your home is in the decoration, the real visual magic of Christmas! All that precious, Happy Holidays! , Blessings, Rose Marie

Ann said...

I remember the branches...the icicles looks real. I bet it is pretty in the dark!

Carolyn said...

Hi Bella,
That is a great idea! I love the last pic especially. No,I can't believe it is so close to Christmas- partly because the weather is more like spring here. They are predicting a green Christmas for us this year.
Carolyn

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Bella... those are so pretty! I love how they shimmer and sparkle...your home in the background looks just gorgeous too!... xoxo Julie Marie

Fish Tail Cottage said...

oh, wow - this is so creative. You are always amazing with your posts & the beautiful pictures you post...i really enjoy visiting your site to see what you do next!
~tracie

Sherry said...

Very pretty! What neat icicles. They look really good Bella. Merry Christmas!
Sherry

Marydon said...

Ohh, Bella ... what a beautiful archway decor, just the right sparkle. You create such beauty in that gorgeous home of yours.

Have a lovely winter's day ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Lounging with a Latte said...

Your decorations look lovely. I really like those icicles...I can imagine it would look beautiful at night time.

NanaDiana said...

Bella- Those are gorgeous...where ever did you find them? They are definitely magical feeling ...like bringing a bit of the North Pole inside....Hugs-Diana

Sherri said...

Bella, just absolutely stunning!! I collect icicles-yours are just gorgeous!

Lady of the Woods said...

I love this look and you did a great job! Those icicles are magical. It is all I decorated my tree with, including lights of course, and I left it at that. I want to collect more to have next year. One year I hung a roll of grapevine wreath up onto the ceiling and hung birds and beautiful things. :D