Apr 28, 2011

French Inspired Garage Sale-ing...

I must admit...
I have seen some great garage sale finds this spring
when blogging around...

here the season really has not begun...
last Friday night in sad garage sale deprived desperation,
I peaked at Craig's list...
and found a sale!

not just any sale...
a lady who sells at the Funk Junk Sister Shows
(these are crazy popular in the Northwest)
was cleaning out her garage....

(click images to enlarge)

and all her goodies were half the show price....

 I got there early :-)


a trio of french inspired flour sack dishtowels
and an enamelware mug...

these have blue and red edges...
but I can't wait to embellish them
(and hide the blue and red :-)
______________
while we are talking dish towels...
do any of you clever ladies
 know how these images are printed on the towels?

they don't look like iron on transfers
but more like ink stamps?
I have some images I want to put on flour sacks
but I am not sure how it is done...
advice is appreciated :-)

UPDATE..
Thanks Carol at The Polka Dot Closet
this is exactly what I was looking for!
read her comment below...

I found a tutorial at The Graphics Fairy

I can't wait to try this!


back to the goodies...

a vintage veil that has stolen my heart...


for now I have it draped over the chippy window
on my mantle...

the tiny rhinestones catch the light at night
and twinkle like stars....
so romantic!


I can never resist
garden style straw hats...


the sparkle of silver always thrills me,
a tray and salt and pepper shakers...

 the bottle is the just for fun piece...


Forbidden Fruit
how fun is that?

and the crown topper wasn't bad either :-)


a pair of milk bottles...
I was looking for some to use for vases...


love the label on this one,
the other I'll have to make my own...
and I really don't mind a bit :-)


the heavy lifting was this petite three tier table,
just right for my parlor..
 (maybe it's a muffineer stand?)

 I think I will be painting it soon....

There is nothing like a box of vintage goodies
to inspire me :-)


Tonight I am joining...

and

Thanks for stopping by...
 au revoir

21 comments:

Denise said...

And I am so glad you shared them with us. What a wonderful time you must have had finding all these special lovelies.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Sounds like you had a fun time:)
Lovely shots and thanks for sharing..!:)

Sanghamitra.
http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

OMGosh Bella! Each item was better than the previous one! WHAT FINDS! I have never seen a table like that one and I think you would love it painted white.

There are several tutorials on blogs to show how to do that transfer using Orange something? Someone will pop by here and tell you about it. I have it saved on my computer at home but I am using hubby's laptop cuz we are at a conference...otherwise I could pull it up and give you the link.

You had a marvelous adventure there, didn't you? We don't have kind of show like that here...but I sure wish we did! xxoo Diana

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I bet the transfers were done with Citra-solv, You can get it at health food stores, I think it is a cleaning agent. Google and you will find tons of tutorials, I have not yet tried it, but it is on my list. There is also a stamping ink that will survive washing if you were going to use stamps.

Good luck
Carol

Bella said...

Thanks Carol! This is just what I was Looking for :-)

Vintage Gal said...

Bella ~ beautiful pictures and wonderful treasures ~ thanks for sharing ;-)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

That's a pretty gorgeous dumbwaiter you scored! I've not heard the term muffineer. It'll look great painted or not! Lucky sale all around!

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

What great treasures you found! The table is a great find indeed. Have a great Friday hunting for more goodies.....Julian

Screaming Sardine said...

Oh my! Oh my my my my my! These are gorgeous finds! How lucky you are to be in an area that has such beauty at thrifty prices!

You're more than welcome to link up at the Sunburnt Cow link party.

Cheers,
Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

saltbox treasures said...

Hi Bella, Love your finds! Wish I could have hit her sale too.
~ Julie

Blondie's Journal said...

Everything is fantastic, Bella. I love the silver tray...I have been looking on ebay for them!

XO,
Jane

Brenda ~ Shabby Cats and Roses said...

Hi Bella :) My, you found some wonderful things at the sale!! I love them all ~ Garage sales really haven't started up yet here in Michigan, but there have been a few braves souls you have put one on~ still a bit too cold for me. I'll be having one here at my home in about a couple of weeks, so I need to get busy and get things together and priced (which is the hardest part!) Not to mention, hubby needs to clean things up in the Pole Barn, as there is where I host my sales :)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!

Warmest hugs, Brenda

High Heeled Life said...

What a wonderful selection of goodies can't wait to see what magic you infuse into that veil and table!!! happy week-end xo HHL

P.S. I will be planting the seeds you sent last year , this week-end..xo

Madelief said...

Dear Bela,

Can't believe your finds. They all look so pretty; the veil, the bottles and the hats. It's been a while since I have been to a garage sale. Hopefully I come upon one in France next week!

Lieve groet & happy weekend,

Madelief xox

Sally Lee by the Sea said...

You lucky girl - I can't believe the treasures you found...how dreamy!

Visiting from Feathered Nest Friday today & hope you have a lovely weekend.

Hugs,
Marie
SallyLeeByTheSea.com

Marilyn said...

My mom and dad had a table just like that one. Now it is at my brother's and I keep telling him it's mine--he never listens. The rat. ;) Maybe someday he'll let me have it. ♥♫

Shirley said...

what a wonderful shopping day you had! Every item is a treasure. Love the Forbidden Fruit bottle..and the bottle you will use as a vase..very pretty can't wait to see the out come!

Sherry said...

Bella,
You found some wonderful things at that sale. Pretty May Day basket in your sidebar too. Thanks for linking it up!
Sherry

Debra@Common Ground said...

Looks like it was a wonderful sale, lucky you to find it! Love those bottles! Thanks so much for linking up with VIF! xo Debra

chateaudelille said...

Wow, you really did well! The red and blue actually add a french touch to the tea towells.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Oh such gorgeous treasures Bella! That veil is just stunning and love the little towels- they are darling!Thanks for sharing this at my party this week! :)