Apr 4, 2011

Let's go Visiting...

Today is a special day!
It is my friend Jacqueline's
one year blog anniversary...

I thought we should pop over and say hi :-)

(click photos to enlarge)


This is the gate to her garden...
a fairytale gate to be sure...

Jacqueline loves the tale of
Wind in the Willows
and it's easy to imagine
Mole and his friends hanging out in such a place...


I first met her when we were new bloggers,
wet behind the ears :-)

we shared a love of linens and lace...


her collection is enviable to be sure!


This is my favorite photo...

The birdcage, the airy lace, the light,
pure whimsy,
soft and romantic as a dream...


she is a lover of roses...


I learned of her love of the old Victoria Magazine...


it shows...
in her perfect styling...


the use of light in her photos
captivates me...



as time went on I learned the most endearing thing
about Jacqueline...

she dances to her own beat....

If she enjoys the mark on the back of a plate,
she displays them that way...


and the backwards books,
well they intrigue me...

as do her writing skills,
some blogs are a lot of pretty photos and I love that!
but... Jacqueline has a great gift of language
and can weave a pretty story
to go with her lovely photos...


her photos are filled with gentle implications,
that keep you on your toes...

not to mention her love of words,
 often sends me
looking for the dictionary :-)


all that and she has the cutest store,
which she shares photos of
every now and then...



so stop by and visit Jacqueline
and wish her a happy blog anniversary...

or if you are super lucky and live in New Mexico
pop by her store and say hi!

Thanks for being a friend Jacqueline,
I look forward to many more blog anniversaries :-)


I am showing off Jacqueline's Cottage at...

Thanks for stopping by...

25 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing, her blog is beautiful.

x

Cindy said...

What a sweet tribute, thanks for sharing. I am heading over for a longer visit.
Blessings,
Cindy

Custom Comforts said...

Thanks for this tribute to Jacqueline. She has been my inspiration since I started blogging 7 months ago and inspired in me a love for transferware.
Cindy

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us today:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Thanks, Bella! I will visit Cabin and Cottage today!

Shelia said...

So beautiful, Bella!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Bella,

I am already familiar with her blog! It is lovely! I will pop over and visit today.

Debbie

Jo said...

Hey Bella, I'll go over and visit with Jacqueline
at Cabin and Cottage, and congrat her on her one year anniversary.
Thanks for invitation!
~Jo
Lazy on Loblolly

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Bella,

Thanks so much for sharing C&C, everyone should know. Loved your sugar bunnies...I'm sure you'll be imitated!

Bisous,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

maría cecilia said...

Thanks for the link, I should go to meet Jacqueline!!!!
hugs my dear

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Good Morning Bella!!! I'm pretty speechless over the trouble you went to. What a beautiful tribute! You make me look real good! You definitely picked some of my own favorites. I'm flattered. But it says as much about you as me! Like what a thoughtful, observant, and supportive person you are. Some time ago another blog lady suggested having a giveaway for our most frequent commenter. Folks realized right away how tricky something like that could be so it didn't happen. (Yet) But I knew for me YOU would get the prize! You're a real prize winner Bella! It's been a fun ride over the last year we've been blogging together. Feels a little like graduation! Ha! Thanks for the honor! Love, kisses, and hugs from your faithful blogging pal.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

This is such a lovely thing for you to do...show off another blog. And you are right it is a very nice one. Thank you for sharing.

Sherri said...

Bella, that was such a nice post/tribute to your blog friend!

Cat & Cricket said...

Bella~ sweet post for a special friend..and of course..fabulous photos and items!
Smiles~
Cricket

stefanie said...

oh, she does have a beautiful blog!!!

Olga said...

This is such a lovely post in Jacqueline's honor. She is very talented lady with a great sense of style. I love her blog. Her pictures are very inspiring and I love the way she writes about things.

Tammy said...

Hi Bella!
What a beautiful post! Tahnk you for sharing this with us. It is such a blessing. I found you on the House in the Roses blog. I hope you will check out my blog some time. You have a lovely one and I will visit again!
Blessings!
Tammy

NanaDiana said...

Bella- What a great post. I love that you are so generous with your praise for anohter blogger...that really says something about you too! I am headed over to check Jacqueline's blog out...The gate intrigues me!! xxoo Diana

NanaDiana said...

Ooooppp...meant to tell you Bella...if you have an extra moment pop by my blog...I finally figured out how to get SweetCheeks on video and she is 'waiting fohr the groohm";>)

Olivia said...

Oh my goodness this is like a cover of Victoria Magazine! Love, love! I am going to hop on over and say hi.
Hugs,
Olivia

Carolyn said...

Hi Bella,
You did do a lovely tribute to Jacqueline and I have to agree with you she does have a very beautiful well written blog and I always enjoy my visits to her and also to you Bella.

Carolyn

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh such beautiful things! I love the vintage lines! You are so sweet to feature Jacqueline!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Bella
I was introduced to Jacqueline's blog through yours and the similarity of your likes and style of blogging is quite apparent.
A lovely gesture from one blogging friend to another to pay tribute such as you have.
The computer has brought many of us together that otherwise would never have met and look how frienships have blossomed.
Hugs,
Judith

Madelief said...

Jaqueline will be happy with such a sweet friend as you are! What a beautiful tribute!

Lieve groet & happy evening,

Madelief x

Sarah said...

Bella, what a beautiful and fitting tribute for Jacqueline. Cabin & Cottage is one of my favorite blogs. And I do hope to meet Jacqueline this summer. Fingers crossed! ~ Sarah