Jun 13, 2011

Birds and Roses on the Mantle....

The mantle over my faux fireplace,
just as the season here in the northwest
has been stuck...

(click photos to enlarge)

It still feels like early spring....
and we have only enjoyed a couple days in the 70 degree range...



I had a bird theme on the mantle
that I haven't quiet gotten over yet...


but since there are now lots of lovely roses,
I added a big bouquet...

a foot in each season...

(Gertrude Jekyll)


I tucked my little garden rabbit in...



the birds are Singer trade cards...

a couple decades ago,
(eek thats hard to say)

I did a lot of quilting
and collected Singer items....


the ephemera  has remained one of my favorite
parts of the collection...


I also thought I would give a tiny puppy update...
yes, I am smitten!!!


Iris has continued to show her feisty side...


Daisy has been sweet as a lamb...

They have both stolen my heart!

Yesterday I was telling you how
one of the reasons I brought home the girls
was as friends to my youngest Cosmo...
(just play friends)

Cosmo put on his best nervous young man role...
and he would have nothing to do with the girls,
wouldn't even look at them...

He could not believe they would be sleeping in the bedroom!
 So much so that is the middle of the night I found him sleeping
 on the damp bath mat by the tub...

this made me more than a little nervous...

Today,  suddenly out of nowhere (just like a boy),
he became completely enamoured with them,
so much so that his overly boisterous play
(he is a big boy!)
scared the girls to death :-))

so goes the way of love:-)


after a long day and night
we have all been enjoying a good nap today :-))

Tonight I am joining

Thanks for stopping by....

20 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The roses are so lush and beautiful! I love that first photo with the frothy covered cage. Very Atlanta Bartlett. Oh puppies, puppies! SO fun for those of us who never have any! xx

Susan said...

Hello Bella....oooooo, the roses are so enchanting. And the little pup? Adorable. Nice post. Susan

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Pretty treasures and puppies! It's a good life! Sure enjoyed all the puppy photos!
deb

Liz said...

I love your mantel vignette! So romantic! And the puppies are just plane adorable! :)

~Liz

Passionedeco...perchè le case hanno un'anima said...

Hi Bella!
Ilove the new style of your blog!
And I love your new puppies!!!
You will see, they bring so much happiness!
Fra

Judi said...

Hi Bella!
Our weather sounds to be like yours. I feel we have missed so much of "summer" with this unspringlike weather...but I think the rest of this week will be better.

Your mantle is lovely. What a wonderful way to display the pretty flower pictures, very sweet.

I hope you have a lovely day. I was reading about your fur babies too. You have a happy family..*s*.

Judi

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀ said...

Your mantel looks so sweet with the beautiful pink flowers. I love the rabbit tucked in.

Your puppy dogs are adorable!

Dee

Pamela Gordon said...

Bella, your mantel is gorgeous! I love the pink roses and those sweet bird cards resting on the old window. Perfect!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

the girls looks so sweet! Love how you used the frame and those great bird cards! David Austin roses are the best in my book!

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Bella
Birds & Blooms, no wonder they brought out a magazine about this great combination.
I got called for an emergency babysitting job for the grands on the other side of the lake and not much time for the computer.
I love, love, love the girls and to name them Daisy and Iris, well that doesn't surprise me with your love for flowers. :-)
Your photos have captured them in all their puppy glory. Are you sure you're ready for that much energy again? I'm happy for you, thanks for sharing these sweeties. Hi to Cosmo.
Hugs,
Judith

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Hi Bella,
Love the birdy cards...so pretty! I also spied a birdcage in the corner....with a bridal veil on it?? Adorable!
Your pups are so sweet...I just love pets...they can really make your day in the simplest of ways.

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Love the gorgeous mantle and your adorable doggies. I'm a new follower.

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Oops, I was already following!! This is such a peaceful, beautiful blog.

we three dogs and me said...

That last picture of the dogs are precious. Your fake fireplace mantle is great love anything with birds. I chuckled when you called it fake. I made one for my fake fireplace out of scraps in the celler. Turned out cute.

Cindy said...

Your mantel is delightful with the pretty little birds and roses...
and those puppies sleeping together... oh my goodness, cute!

Cindy

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Bella... oooh, I am so in love with Daisy and Iris!... what precious little girls... my daddy had an Italian Greyhound named Dino, and when my daddy passed away, my niece inherited Dino... he now lives in London with her... they are such darling dogs, but then, I never met a dog I didn't like!... your mantel is gorgeous... I so love your birds in the window frame and your roses add so much beauty... thanks for sharing... doggie kisses to all the pups!... xoxo Julie Marie and Tessy

Bernideen said...

I love your seasonal display - lovely!

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful mantle...but I am just smitten with those two little girls. I'll bet you had a few laughs today watching the "man of the house" show off for the new "girls"..xo Diana

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Oh Bella, your new baby girls are just precious, what an adorable picture of them! Love your mantel,with the pretty birds and gorgeous roses!!!
Hugs~~~ Daphne

THE VERANDA HOUSE said...

BELLA I WOULD DO ANY THING TO LIVE IN THE NORTH WEST HERE IS 95 DEGREES YESTERDAY.MY ROSES ARE BURN ENJOY YOUR NEW GIRLS THEY ARE ADORABLE.THE MANTLE AND THE ROSES IS A BLISS.I LOVE THE NEW HEATHER OUR FRIEND KAREN,IS SO CREATIVE .I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO HAVE THE TYPE OF FLOWERS THAT YOU HAVE.ENJOY LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL BELLA..HUGS