Jun 26, 2011

Rose Adornments...

Today I am revisiting some favorite
Rose Adornments of the past...

I will include a link to each of the original posts
right under the photo
if you would like to see more...

THE LOVERS' ROSE
The sweetest flower that blows,
I give you as we part,
For you it is a rose,
For me it is my Heart.
Fredrick Peterson

(click photos to enlarge)

Dreamy Cottage Rose with Pincushion flowers...


A tablescape with Eden Rose
taking center stage....

she seems to be the center of attention a lot
and she deserves it...


a simple bud
on a stack of ruffled plates...


Queen Elizabeth Rose,
Paired with Mock Orange Blossoms 
for a lazy summer tea with fruit...


Roses tucked into a favorite garage sale find,
this dainty hand vase...


Eden roses in a Cherub Compote makeover...


My Lovely Garden Lady,
holds a giant bouquet...


up Close...


So simple and elegant floating...


A recent bouquet...

more Eden Roses with
Deutzia Pink-A-Boo and sprigs of Catmint...


The last roses of summer...



Enchanted Evening Roses in lavender glass,
a purple dream...


In a post about preserving roses
to enjoy in the winter..

I shared these tiny petals of the Mary Rose
in a small glass basket...


and a bit of photo play :-)


I am joining ...
Cielo from The House in the Roses
(my kindred spirit in roses)
for  a special
featuring ROSES...

I am flattered that she has chosen to feature
a few of my roses in her post today!

So stop by and breath in all the beauty...

Thanks for reminiscing with me today!

19 comments:

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Oh Bella, your roses are stunning. It is a dream of mine to have a seperate rose bed so that I can always have plenty to cut. Right now I have a few roses mixed in with my english borders. I tend to favor yellow roses but I do have one pale pink Celciana.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Bernideen said...

Oh what lovely bouquets and interesting photos - just lovely!

Karena said...

So very beautiful Bella!! I love roses!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Come and enter my fashionable Giveaway!!

A Garden of Threads said...

Gorgeous Bella!! Lovely photos.

CIELO said...

Hi...Show Off Your Cottage Monday post is up... thanks for participating! Cielo

Denise said...

All your photos are exquisite but being a lover of statues and of flowers, the combination of your garden lady and the bouquet was absolutely magical!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

So pretty, so beautiful!~Hugs, Patti

Liz said...

Sigh.... :)

SOOOOOO Lovely!
~Liz

Olga said...

Bella, your roses are gorgeous! You make such beautiful and creative arrangements.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Very lovely post! Thanks for taking the time to put it together for us. Your garden lady is amazing. I need to go back and visit these original posts! :D

Carolyn said...

I love each and every one-so romantic!

Carolyn

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Bella, oooh your roses are all so gorgeous!... and I love all your pretty vases, vintage china, garden decor... you have such a way with decorating and making everything look so soft and romantic and dreamy... xoxo Julie Marie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

what a beautiful post, full of so many of my favorite roses!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

There is a beautiful variety in all these gorgeous rose arrangements! I'm loving the Queen Elizabeth and mock orange blossom combo. SO many names of flowers to keep track of. You must have a method. It would be great to see some long shots of how your garden is looking. It must be so lush and colorful by now!

Farah Muzaffar said...

Oh Bella what a gorgeous post... I cant say this one is more beautiful. all are beautiful simply the very beautiful post... love it
Visit me if you can
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Kathy said...

Quite lovely! These rose arrangements are works of art!
Kathy

Madelief said...

Dear Bella,

You have the most amazing roses in your garden! It's a joy to scroll through your photo's.

Wish you a lovely new week!

Madelief x

Bohemian said...

That is part of the Beauty of photographing our Bouquets... we can revisit them time and time again and remember how lovely they were and share them with others!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Bella,

Your roses are gorgeous! Love them all, and how pretty you have displayed them.

Hugs,
Debbie