Jul 8, 2011

Bonica Rose Tea...

(click photos to enlarge)

It is a soft pretty day,
full of dappled sunlight...


I thought it would be nice,
to sip a cup in the garden today....


snuggled up to a bed of Feverfew...



I brought along a pretty garden hat,
but really,
 I am sure the sun won't be too hot today...


yesterday I shared with you the box

it was fun choosing a cup,
from the new variety...

I remember before I owned any teacups..
I always thought Chintz was the prettiest,
but this is the first I have ever owned...

so it was an easy choice...



I found Bonica Roses at a local "big box store"
in the spring....
I had never heard of them...
so I Googled them,
and they had good ratings...
so I bought four to plant around my armillary...
they were only seven dollars a bush!
I am completely pleased with the return...

I brought a bouquet of her first blooms
to the table...


Bonica may look a little wild,
and unrefined...

but she came to the table in a high lace collar,
with an earring bobber for a brooch....

quite lady like :-)


I lined a vintage sundae cup,
with paper lace...


and filled it with fat blueberries,
to nibble....


don't you love  lingering in the lazy summer sun?


and... don't you love leftovers?

Today I am joining...
Bernideen for Tea in the Garden
and

Thanks for sipping with me today...