Jul 22, 2011

A City Wide Garage Sale...

 A neighboring city is hosting a city wide garage sale,
while I was there I met up with a neighbor blogger
just by chance...

Gayle from Behind the Gate,
and I met through blogging,
and realized we were nearly neighbors..
and have shared a couple e-mails....

then this morning we ran right into each other at a sale!
She and her cottage are just charming in person,
stop by her new blog and say hi!
and tell her I sent you :-)

I also thought I'd share a couple of my favorite finds...

(click photos to enlarge)

a new wicker chair
came home with me and has a fresh paint job.....


the swirly heart pattern
 matches the other chairs on my front porch...


but the fancy peacock patterned back is new to me...


I gave it a new home on the side porch....


by my spring Pansy basket...

with our cool summer,
the Pansies still think it is spring....


a giant rusty enamelware coffee pot,
once served a big crew!


now will spend it's retirement years,
spouting off about the beauty of roses :-)


I bought a stack of five of these new place mats...
(I always find things in odd numbers?)

I love the dainty rose pattern
and can't wait to build a tablescape around them....


then there is this pretty teacup,
with a similar dainty rose pattern...

I found at a neighboring sale....


all in all it was a rosy day :-)

I scoured the town today...
tomorrow I am going back
to see what I can find in the more rural areas,
I LOVE a good barn sale!

Today I am joining...
and

Thanks for stopping by...

22 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Bella- I used to have a chair like that and my dd took it when she moved. Mine was natural though and had I kept it I would have painted it white! You look like you found some good things and I will pop by your new friend's blog! xo Diana

Tete said...

Love city wides! The chair is wonderful. I found my ice cream chairs- all 6- at our city wide many years ago for $2 each. Glad you had a good time and found a new friend.

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow, what awesome finds! I love the chair and the placemats. I too, find things in odd numbers and wonder why??? Have fun 'shopping' tomorrow!
Pamela

Gayle said...

Oh so lovely to run into you!! Amazing isn't it. Thank you for linking me up, I am getting so many visits. So funny, I loved those place-mats but refrained. I am glad you got them! I found a white iron coffee table for my outdoor furniture, AND I found my sick dog and he is doing better now.

chateau de fleurs said...

What a fun day you had and what pretty treasures too. Christie

Anita said...

What great finds! I haven't been out to sales in awhile...I really should try to do it more often. Can't wait to see what other little treasures you're able to find!

Aledia said...

What wonderful finds, I love the wicker chair and those placemats are just darling. I too seem to find items in odd numbers lol... Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!
Aledia~

Marydon said...

Bella, G'ma Cora used to have these kinds of wicker backed chairs. Lucky you! They are so regal.

Happy PS weekend.
TTFN ~
Marydon

Mrs.Rabe said...

Great finds Bella!

Off to check out the blog link!

Deanna

Shirley said...

A nice find in the wicker chair and I love the roses paired with the rusty coffee pot. I LOVE those placemats!!!!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous finds Bella! The wicker cgair compliments the rest of your beautiful home and gardens.
Love the placemats and cup..oh, and the enamelware pot...beautiful!!
Yes, it will be spouting off about your roses for sure!! :)

Deborah xoxo

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I've never been to a city wide sale. What fun! Your wicker chair is very elegant and pretty. It's going to make for some gorgeous posts? Love the teacup and placemats, and your new can has so much character. How fun to meet Gayle at a garage sale! What an adventure! Happy Pink Saturday! xx P.S. L'Occitane is an old company. We have a shop here. I'm sure they are also online somewhere. Their products are pure indulgence.

schererart said...

So very beautiful here! Lots of goodies!

Barb~Bella Vista Cottage said...

Bella, love your wicker chair...so pretty! I have white wicker on our back porch; always looks so cool and welcoming.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Barb ♥

My Little Home and Garden said...

Bella, thank you so much for visiting my blog and your kind comments. I've browsed through yours a couple of times today; it is so charming and serene. Your pictures are inspiring; I just picked a big, beautiful bunch of white hydrangeas and that gives me pleasure! I'm off to hit "follow" now and add you to my blogroll. -Karen

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Love the chair and it looks great on your porch. You found some wonderful things ~ lucky you!

The Rosegarden in Malevik said...

Oh Bella
That Chair........I would give anything for it :)
Just LOVELY :)
and do not miss


S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

WELCOME :)
Håkan ( The Roseman)

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...

Bella, how fun to run into a blogging body while out thrifting! You came away with some beauties!

I hope you'll stop by if you get a chance. My Vintage Linen & Dish Auction is going on right now ... and there are some pretty roses in it!

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
I also love your wicker chair so Beautiful on your back porch... Your placemat's are just lovely.. I hope you do a Tablescape with them sweet lady.. My vintage Dishes would be right at home on them..I hope you have a great weekend...
XXOO Diane

Lorraine said...

Lovely chair, so unusual!! Lucky you! Happy PS!

Carolyn said...

Your finds are all beautiful! The chair suits all your romantic looks and I love the dainty tea cup and placemats.

Carolyn

Pat said...

I just love the enamel coffee pot! Lucky find indeed.