Jul 1, 2011

My Pink Painted House....

(click photos to enlarge)

I went out to a few garage sales this morning...

this is a big deal,
because my sweet new pup Daisy
just can't seem to get over being car sick,
so I have been home a lot lately...

I googled car sickness in dogs
and learned sometimes ginger snaps can help,
so we tried it (yes, me too :-)
and it seemed to help a bit...


anyway...
I found this pretty little easel....

I plan to use it to display
plates and platters..


For today I decided to build a little vignette,
using this painting I have of my house...


It was painted by Alice Bumgarner,
a family friend of Mike's.

she is a local artist
 in the town where Mike grew up
and has her paintings on display in the Chelan Museum...

she mainly paints rural settings,
barns and historical buildings.

a couple years after we moved here
 she painted this for us...

it is one of our favorite treasures...


for now framed in lace....


my favorite part is the little garden
below the stair window,

this was the first place I landscaped,
I call it my secret garden...


you probably remember this little area
with the swing,
we have shared tea there several times...




I laid this key and tassel on the tray
with my vignette...

to save it from the puppies,
who are thrilled to make it sway...


and I thought it was fitting for the vignette,
since it is a key to my house...

this one is for the parlor...

I was lucky enough
to have all the original skeleton keys to our house...

when we moved here,
they were the only keys for the exterior doors,
very fun,  but not very convenient!


Thanks Alice!

Today I am joining...

Thanks for stopping by today!

24 comments:

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

Beautiful little house painting. Hope Daisy gets well soon.

Danielle

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, what a sweet sweet painting... is this your current house? I know you must treasure this painting so much. I love the little garden path too... and how the artist captured that path and secret spot...

Cindy

Roselle said...

Such a beauteous garage sale find! LOVE the vignette you've created! So pretty! I can see why that painting is a treasure!
Happy Forth Of July Weekend!
xo
Roselle

Mrs.Rabe said...

What a special painting!

Anita said...

How lovely and sweet! Thank-you for sharing!

Holly said...

Bella~
I can't believe you found that easel - what a find! So gorgeous. So many pretties on your blog and they are such a reflection of you.
have a wonderful holiday weekend.

NanaDiana said...

Hmmm..that could be MY excuse for eating ginger snaps I suppose! I do get car sick if I ride in the back and can't see out the front! lol What a special treasure to have that painting of your house!!! That was definitely an "I love you" gift from someone special. I wonder if she is still painting? Beautiful post-as always! xo Diana

Heaven's Walk said...

What a sweet vignette you created, Bella! That painting of your house is just darling - and I, too, have some old skeleton keys from my dad who used to be a locksmith years ago. :)

xoxo laurie

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Bella
The painting of your house is really sweet, something to treasure always and it looks wonderful on the easel.
My vet has me give Topaz a child's Gravol pill for car sickness, works well.
Hugs,
Judith

Susan said...

What a lovely post, Bella. The easel is just darling....and the painting is so attractive. So happy for you! Susan

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is a very cool painting of your very cool house! No wonder it is a treasure for you. That terrific easel is a wonderful way to display it. I've always fantacized about owning a place like yours. But it would have to be somewhere sunnier! ;) xx

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

What a lovely painting, and a lovely way to display it! Happy Pink Saturday! :D

monah http://graciouscottage.com/ said...

Hi
From PS
I like your house. Please visit me too.
Happy 4th of July.
Graciously,
monah

Farah Muzaffar said...

So cute Bella... is this the house where you live now? its beautiful... And you garage find is gorgeous...I really fell in love with it...
Visit me when you can
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Kom Achterom said...

ooh what a nice paiting!! love it so together!!
beautiful flowers ooh
happy weekend
Yolanda

Jan Tanis Designs said...

What a pretty painting and lovely story!!

I'm a believer in aromatherapy...and have been using Essential Oils for years...for myself, hubby and our 3 dogs (Maltese, Havanese & Toy Poodle). If you contain your dog in a crate while traveling in the car, that should help a bit with motion sickness. But, if you place a couple of drops of Lavender Oil and Peppermint Oil (Essential Oils) on the bed (or pad) in the crate, that will help immensely! If you don't crate your dog...mix a couple of drops of both oils together in your hand and put a wee bit on the pads of all 4 paws.

(Allergic reactions to essential oils is not common, but if they occur, discontinue use)

♥Jan - Jasper, Benny & Rosie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a sweet painting of your house! Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend! Twyla

mycreationandinspiration said...

very artistic.please follow my new blog http://mycreationandinspiration.blogspot.com
thanx...:))

Pat said...

The painting of your house is lovely. I especially like the way you have it on display. Happy 4th of July and PS!

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
This is a sweet painting of your house so Beautiful Bella. ~~~ I hope you and your lovely family have a Great 4th of July and keep Safe. XXOO Diane

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Luv the flowers from the garden.........Julian

AshTreeCottage said...

Everything is so pretty Bella! Have a happy 4th.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Charlene said...

Bella, Your house is AMAZING & so is that painting. A true treasure for sure! How blessed you are to have it. AND I LOVE the key & the thought that this is really to your home! WOW!!! I have bought skelliton keys but, they are only to unlock my dreams I guess.... Have a safe & happy 4th. Give Daisy a stay well hug from Elle. She sooooooooo doesn't get car sick & I'm glad as she loves to GO!!!! HUGS!
Charlene

Gail said...

Like the easel, the lace frame, the flower, the whole scene. Thanks for sharing.
2 or 3 times a day,try driving to end of block and back and that's it, until dog learns that riding in car with family is a happy "me and Mama" time. Then increase distant.