Aug 30, 2011

Oh... The Lazy Days of Summer....

The lazy days of summer
have had me completely under their spell....

You may wonder what I have been doing,
It certainly hasn't been blogging!
truthfully,
I don't know...
my days are just drifting by
I am completely bewitched by the summer sun...

"Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day
listening to the murmur of water,
or watching the clouds float across the sky
, is hardly a waste of time."
~ John Lubbock

So won't you join me
for a lazy summer garden stroll?

(click photos to enlarge)

this is Melody Parfumee's first bloom this year...

she was too far beneath the shade of the Locust tree
that we lost to the heavy spring rain...

she is as thrilled to see the light
as I am to see her...


the rabbit watches lazily over
the overgrown summer flowers...



the Lillies perfume the entire garden...

I bought an entire cart load
of Easter Lillies left over after the holiday,
for fifty cents a pot...
the year I began the garden....

the Lillies are now often over five feet tall
and smell AMAZING....


yellow in my garden???

since I have been lazy,
the birds thought to do a little planting of their own...



the garden Phlox toppled over onto the Japanese Anemone,
to show they are a perfect color match....



Phlox also in white...



the borders are thickening up,
with clover!!


 the Pansies know fall is coming
  and their heads are popping up.....


the Primrose...(yes Primrose!)

seems to think spring is in the air....
after the strange year we have had,
maybe they know something I don't know :-)


Today I am joining...
and

Thanks for strolling with me today....

23 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Bella, oooh, your gardens are still so lovely... I love the pretty sunflowers the birdies planted for you... and of course lying on the grass on a Summers day is not a waste of time... to me, it is Heaven... xoxo Julie Marie

Sandy said...

Such a beautiful assortment of flowers you have.. I'm impressed with your garden... Following you from Outdoor Wednesday...
Sandy

NanaDiana said...

Bella-Beautiful, as always! I really love phlox and am glad to see it in your garden...and your roses are as gorgeous as ever. I am with you-this summer has been an odd one and I am longing for it to continue...even though Fall is my favorite season! xo Diana

A Garden of Threads said...

The garden is looking wonderful Bella. I would be sitting letting the summer days float on in that beautiful place.

Blondie's Journal said...

Everything looks lovely, Bella. Smart move to buy the Easter lilies... you have so much to please you now! I would forego the blogging, too, just to sit and daydream in this wonderful garden!!

Caroline said...

Your garden is beautiful....Phlox are one of my favorite flowers. I have the purple and pink ones....now I may have to get some white ones after seeing yours. thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

Your garden shots are so beautiful! Those roses are so stunning! I can almost smell them.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

So nice to see a garden full of color and green. Mine is brown and dry and seems to be full of weeds...ho hum

Debbie Kay said...

Such a beautiful garden.....thank you for sharing a little bit of the last bit of summer with us.

Debbie Kay

Sarah said...

Bella, you have the most exquisite garden. ~ Sarah

Light and Voices said...

Bella, it is always a pleasure to take a cyber tour of your garden. Everything is so beautiful.
Joyce M

LV said...

One of the nicest strolls I have had in a long time. Loved walking through your garden filled with so much beauty.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Everything is lush and lovely! Nice to see you garden petals and ruffles! I hope your lazy days can go on and on!

xinex said...

What a lovely garden you havem, Bella. Your flowers are just gorgeous!...Christine

Madelief said...

Dear Bella,

It sounds perfect to have your days drifting by. I think that's how summer should be. Enjoying the sun, the holiday's and the beauty of nature around you. Your garden looks fantastic as ever. Wish I could come along and see it for myself. Why do you live so far away :-)?!

Happy day!

Madelief x

Kom Achterom said...

ooh nice flowers!
happy day
Yolanda

jeanetteann said...

Bella it is all so very pretty. I love the little peak through the window at the lace dress. Delightful x

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Calling by as an Outdoor Wednesday participant today and enjoyed my stroll around your lovely garden.

Sizzle and Zoom said...

Wonderful sweet photos of your flowers.

Bernideen said...

all the flowers are delightful and glad summer has been restful for you!

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Bella, your garden posts always make me smile. You are blessed because so many of your flowers would not make it in our Alabama heat.

I am sad summer is almost over because I do not mind the heat, and I love summer!

Nancy said...

I could look at these images all day, especially that of the phlox and anemone...hope I spelled that right. SO beautiful, Bella!

cherry said...

Beautiful as always.. Oh how I wish pansies could make it year around here.
Happy September..
hugs from Savannah, Cherry