Aug 17, 2011

a SUNNY Garden Tour...

Yes!  A SUNNY garden tour today!
the old thermometer actually climbed to 80 today....
(only the third time this year)

So I made us some sweet tea,
grab a glass
and lets stroll...

(click photos to enlarge)

Aloha from Washington State :-)

that's not a common phrase,
but this is the Aloha Rose...

I have a pair of large pots on my back patio,
nothing ever survives in them...
they get all day sun,  and if they survive that,
they never make it through winter...

the Aloha Roses were on clearance for 8 dollars each,
a great price to experiment :-)


my garden lady rests in the shade....


Phlox are everywhere....
they were one of the first plants in the garden,
and even though I don't divide them like I should,
they prosper each year...


soft pastels...


and white in the secret garden....


my purple Hydrangea is coming into bloom,
it was gifted to me
by a gardening neighbor...


I am crazy for the bloom colors....



a quartet of Bonica Rose
is also new this year...


they are fragrance free...
but make up for it in the looks department :-)


from first bloom,
till the last petal drops..

they are pure grace....


the Japanese Anemones are busy blooming...
much to the delight of the bees...


who are busy gathering...
do you see the heavy pollen load?


a bench in the shade of the Cherry tree...
the place where I will be,
soaking it all in....
A taste of summer... at last!!

Today I am joining...
and

Thanks for strolling with me today....

16 comments:

Tete said...

Glad you finally got a summer day to sit in the garden. Your blooms are lovely.
Hugs- Tete

Pamela Gordon said...

With only a few nice days this summer your garden is looking very beautiful!

Sherri said...

Bella, your flowers are stunning!! Just gorgeous!!

Carolyn said...

Hi Bella,
We are actually having some summer sunshine here too! I always enjoy seeing what is going on in your beautiful garden and I love your David Austen roses too.

Carolyn

Cindy said...

So THAT'S what the unknown flower in my garden is, a Japanese Anemone! Thanks! I love the walks through your garden, but you know what one of my favorite things on your blog is,? those pink dotted heart cookies. I get happy every time i come here and see them!

Cindy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

It's so nice to see the sun on your garden! Maybe you will have an unseasonably warm and sunny fall! As I speak we are enjoying the softest delicious rain. Not one of those that is only over my head and no one else's, but general overcast with quiet thunder rolling in the distance. Your hydrangeas are amazing! Your roses always, always lovely.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Simply Gorgeous!
*hugs*deb

poppilinnstudios said...

Bella, your garden is lovely! So many beautiful flowers.
-Lynn

Light and Voices said...

Bella, your garden is fantastic!
Joyce M

Sizzle and Zoom said...

I love your garden. I love your blog. Beautiful.

Summerland Cottage Studio said...

...just beautiful !

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Bella, so glad your finally getting some summer weather. I love touring your beautiful garden, especially since everything here is burnt up from the many days of over 100 temps and still no rain. It was such a treat to see such beauty!
hugs~~~ Daphne

6d52f630-b65d-11e0-a095-000bcdca4d7a said...

Your garden is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Found you via No Minimalist Here and have become your newest follower. Pop on over for a visit when you get a moment. Tootles, Kathryn
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/08/dining-room-new-paint.html

janice15 said...

Very nice...I love the roses thank you for sharing your sun..we haven't had much though the fog cleared and we are having some. Happy Thursday.

Joys of Life said...

Just beautiful, as always a treat to view:-) Love the Bonica roses, delicate and perfect I felt I could smell their scent:-)

Fishtail Cottage said...

Can you believe how fabulous this weather is - finally we get a summer the kiddo's head back to school Aug. 31st. Always love walking through your garden with your lovely photo's! Maybe someday i'll get to your area & get to see it in person? Hugs to you on this gorgeous week! xoxo, tracie
ps - thanks for linking at Cottage Flora Thursday's!