Aug 1, 2011

This and That...

The lazy days of summer...

I haven't posted in a few days,
days I had intentions of getting lots of projects done...

instead they were just lazy days of nothingness...

so I thought we would catch up with a bit of this and that...
first a garden stroll...

(click photos to enlarge)

look blue skies!!
maybe August has brought summer with it,
it is a beautiful day today...


a Tiffany Rose,
though a strange looking Tiffany Rose...

so few petals
and that bright yellow center!!
sunshine yellow!


tall garden Phlox in bloom,
framing my lady of the pond....


Eden....
enough said!


this bloom leaning on the water faucet,
maybe looking for a drink :-)


David Austin's Winchester Cathedral,
new to the garden this year...

the blooms have been few
but amazing...


it's lovely ruffles from the top...


while we are looking from the top...
a funny top view of a Lupine...


the Columbine decided to make a comeback..
a few blooms beside pods...


happy Japanese Anemones...


pink Bee Balm....


and Clematis...


and then there was the thats...

I did some garage sale-ing over the weekend,
and found a bunch of small this and thats...


tiny silverware...
laid on a pair of new rosy dessert plates...


and a tiny mirror,
maybe to admire tiny things :-)


these three antique push button light switches
were the score of the day..
(one dollar!!)

they are a perfect match for the ones in my house,
I have been hoping to find replacements,
for the ones that have been removed from the house
 through the years...


rusty keys and pretty china
always a happy pair....


sea shells,
and shell pink ballet slippers....

another pretty pair...


last week...
I showed you the uppers of my kitchen cabinets
that I am painting
(last coat tonight, I hope!) 
and a couple pretty dishes on them....

wrote to me and told me she had a similar plate
and asked if I would like to give it a good home :-)
Isn't that sweet??

It arrived Saturday..
and is so beautiful...
the sweetness of bloggers never ceases to amaze me!!


or the creativity..

she attached a photo of the plate onto her letter
wrapped in roses...

If you don't know Judy's amazing work
sculpting faeries,
you are in for a real treat!!
stop by and visit her lovely world!


Thank You Judy!


Today I am joining...
and

Thanks for stopping by...

29 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Your blooms are beautiful! My Austin roses are not doing so well in the heat and dryness we are having. Great finds too!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love nothing better than to kick around and find pretty tidbits! Haven't done enough of it lately. So nice to see your garden sweets. Glad you're seeing some sun!

Zoey said...

I love how the tall phlox frames the statue.

Looks like some great garage sale finds, too.

Rosemary said...

Love both the Eden rose and Winchester Cathedral for a first year rose the blooms amazing.Garden is very full of lovely blossoms. Your finds and creative way of using them so pretty vignette....

Bunny Jean said...

I think I have a complete set for 12, of dishes like those dessert plates. Do yours have a large blue border or pink. Mine have pink. They were my mother's. I should post about them sometime.

Your roses are looking good and so is the Monarda. Do you make tea with it?

I know you would like my post this morning on ribbon embroidery. It is called Stumpwork.
http://bunnyjeansdecorandmore.blogspot.com/2011/08/silk-ribbon-embroidery-and-fairies.html

xoxo Bunny Jean

Roan said...

Your roses are all gorgeous, but I found myself really admiring the white. I think I might plant a white one next year. Love the tiny mirror.

Anne said...

Lovely! The flowers are simply beautiful and your garage sale finds, inspirational!! I wish I could find some keys like that...

Enjoy your week!

Pamela Gordon said...

So happy you are getting sunshine! Your flowers are so gorgeous! You found some sweet things at the weekend sales. I hope the sun continues to shine for you! Blessings, Pamela

Kathy said...

Hello Bella,
Lovely garden photos! So amazed when I see these lovely blooms that have long passed in my garden! Love your finds! We have push button light switches in our old house - just love them. The rosy dishes are quite beautiful - gorgeous post of this and that!
Kathy

Marilyn said...

Your garden is such a treat for those of us languishing in 100+ degree temperatures. Those pink roses make my heart sing.
Lucky you with the garage sale finds! When browsing garage sales I always look for well loved items that I can give a new home to. I practically drool when I see silver! :-)


Marilyn (in Dallas)

Madelief said...

Dear Bella,

You are right to take it easy and enjoy the beautiful summer weather! Your garden is looking beautiful with all those roses in bloom and those phlox's!

Lieve groet,

Madelief x

Linda said...

I love all the blooms...I think Eden is my favorite...your garage sale finds are great...nothing better than a pretty bowl full of rusty keys...something about seeing that is always fascinating...wondering what all those old keys used to open...and their simple beauty is wonderful! Take care!!

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Bella
You do have a knack for finding neat little things. How nice of Judy to send you the plate for your collection.
Judith

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Those roses are stunning! All of the pictures are so beautiful...the summer flowers are just so inspiring.

Gayle said...

I love your flowers! Mine are covered in weeds, tomorrow is the day to weed!

Light and Voices said...

I really enjoy seeing your flowers this week. Inspired by the keys and wall light switch. Neato finds.
Joyce M

Really Rainey said...

Your Winchester Cathedral rose is gorgeous!

Rainey @ The Project Table
Http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Your roses are lovely, here it is so hot that most of my roses have stopped blooming until fall. Your garden seems in full, lavish flower ~ so pretty!

Riet said...

Wow beautiful flowers in your garden. Ans great photo's.
Have a great day.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Hey, Bella! I am over here catching-up on your blog. Great posts, and I love the roses in the bell jar in a previous post. I might try to paint one of the images!!! I stalk your blog for inspiration in my art ;P

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Bella... your gardens are so pretty, Eden takes my breath away!... and I love your little vignette of treasures... the shells are so pretty... and that teeny itsy bitsy mirror is just the right size for a flower~fairy... my grandma's house had those push button light switches, how fun you have them in your home!... love to you... xoxo Julie Marie

marĂ­a cecilia said...

Hola querida Bella, loved the stroll through your wonderful garden and all those roses, aahh!! and the roses plates are so lovely!!
hugs dear

Jane Gray said...

Hello Bella, just visiting from Bronteland in Yorkshire, England. Everything has been drenched by heavy summer showers, so I am browsing other people's gardens instead of tending my own! So glad I found your lovely site. I have just done an affectionate post on gorgeous roses on my blog - The Time Sculptor's Secret - and thought I'd had enough of them for awhile, but now I am swooning all over again. Many thanks for a gorgeous post... I'll be back!

Cindy said...

I completely love all of your posts... it just that simple...

Cindy

Cozy Home Scenes said...

I'm a sucker for beautiful vintage plates with flowers, so those are my favorite of your finds. Beautiful flowers, and I love the vintage keys too.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Pretty! That white ruffly rose is just gorgeous...don't think I've seen one like that before. And all of your littles...they're pretty, too!
Rene

Farah Muzaffar said...

Other than the beauty of blooms your finds are also great Bella ... Vintage plates are treasure ... very lovely collection
I am back from holidays ... very nice and relaxting I have... And now back to blogging also... A little post to share some of my moments of vacation... hope you like to visit and enjoy it ...

http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Bente said...

Hello. Beautiful photos and you have a lovely blog. I am your new follower.

Hugs Bente

Jann Olson said...

Beautiful blooms. I love the Eden rose and your pink columbine. Wonderful found treasures. What a sweet gift, the plate is darling!