Sep 20, 2011

Treasure Hunting...

What is a husband to do,
when every Saturday morning,
his wife drags him out to all the garage sales
 she can find?

When he has looked at one teacup too many...

He begins to rummage around,
in the "man section"...
and dream his own dream...

(click photos to enlarge)

that's how I got to be at this creek
 this morning...

My man dreamed his own garage sale dream,
and bought gold pans...

so this morning he got his pan wet...


I wandered the banks with the girls...

looking beyond the obviously dry fields,
for the details...


there are still stands of happy flowers
tucked into the shady nooks...


the bright purple spots,
to be admired...


beauty still abounds...



and it busy building seeds and pods,
for next years show...




and last of of the Queen Anne's Lace,
 just a handful of tiny blooms...


and her regal pods...



did your keen eye spot the pair of Goldfinch?

They are hard to see in their drab fall attire,
but where busy gathering thistle seeds
for their fledglings fluttering in the tree...

This by the way
 was the only gold found today...


 today's bounty,
was wild blackberries....



I filled a little cup,
because I have been dreaming about fried pies...


 I love to bake on cool fall evenings,
and I am sure my treasure hunter has worked up an appetite :-)


don't forget to look for the beauty beyond....

Today I am joining,

Thanks for stopping by...

16 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, those blackberries are making my mouth water! I adore Queen Anne's Lace and love the photo of the gold finches! Very nice spot! Not the kind of gold your husband was looking for, but many treasures, just the same!

GardenGirl said...

So love this post...thank you!
Deb @ Garden Party ;)

NanaDiana said...

Please send me a pie!;>) What do you mean you ate them all? Gotta love a day like that though! I'm glad your hubby had fun. MyHero is a rock picker- he picks and polishes and picks and polishes. I guess I could call him a stoner? I'll trade you some panned gold for some polished rocks! xo Diana

Red Gate Farm said...

At least you found black gold... and I'm sure your husband had the time of his life while on his adventure!

~Chris

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Well, I really enjoyed these beautiful photos! Such unusual wild beauty to see in your post. And what a vision those berries and cup are! very nice!

Light and Voices said...

I will carry your words "look for the beauty beyond" this week.
Joyce M

Madelief said...

Hi Bella,

How beautiful nature looks! And......did you husband find gold?!

Happy day!

Madelief x

jeanetteann said...

I so enjoyed your words today Bella. It's nice to here about the boys now and then and what they endure with us girls. I'm sure they wouldn't have it any other way though. Your pics ard lovely and the blackberriea sure are gold. xx

stefanie said...

oh, how fun!!! I love to pan, but I never find anything!!!

Becca's Dirt said...

That little creek looks so inviting for some quiet time. Better luck next time with the gold panning.

Linda said...

Your post has inspired me to take a walk along a nearby woodland trail. Love all your posts, Bella.

Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Sizzle and Zoom said...

This is lovely to me cause it's far for me to travel to find blackberries growing.

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Soooo sweet! I love fall, and my husband loves gold panning, too!

Thanks for your visit, sweetie.

xo

Sandy

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Hi Bella,
Great photos! I love the little goldfinches hiding in the tall flowers...they are so sweet. We have many of them in my garden; they love to perch on my coneflowers and eat the seeds right off the cone. The blackberries look yummy!!! I'm hankering for blackberry jam now!

Shabbily By The Sea said...

Such beautiful pictures,i love the yellow flower it is so pretty as are the cheeky Gold finches playing hide and seek,i have never heard of a fried pie but fried and blackberries sounds delicious,
Hope you hubby finds gold!
xxx

Olivia said...

I love my teacups but sometimes the man section is fun to wander in, such treasures that I don't understand all rusty and used.
Gorgeous pictures!
Hugs,
Olivia