Oct 10, 2011

A Cozy Tea with Iris...

I have been enjoying the cool fall weather,
but last night it turned on me...

I love to keep the windows cracked at night,
but last night...
I had to get up and close them
 all up tight,
and go searching for fuzzy socks...

(click photos to enlarge)

when it gets coldish
It is time to bake...


I set up my little tea party,
in a snuggly corner of the couch...


a cake stuffed with Roses,
makes a sweet centerpiece...


the first cookbook I ever owned
is the Better Homes red cookbook,
and it's still where I turn for basic recipes...

this applesauce cake is a yearly favorite...


and yes,
 Roses are also a favorite...

besides they don't want to spend the day outside
in the nasty cold either :-)


a rosy teapot...


and rosy china...
a big mug,
and a mismatched big plate...

make a pretty couple...


 and are a good place
to balance a piece of cake...


after the cake has been cut,
the too simple secret to the sweet centerpiece...

a jelly jar
tucks into the center of a bundt cake easily,
and when the cake is gone,
you still have a simple bouquet :-)


so this has been a post covered in Roses,

about now maybe you are wondering
why the title is...
A Cozy Tea with Iris
?


Iris was my tea companion today,

she is fascinated by the cake!
I couldn't keep her away...

the silly little thing has the biggest sweet tooth...



Today I am joining these tea parties...

Thanks for joining me today...