Oct 7, 2011

Fall Projects...

Fall around here is a time for interior painting projects,
so today I am painting my bedroom...

(click photos to enlarge)

I thought I'd share a little peak...
the new color is a Martha Stewart shade
in gloaming...

the paint itself is BEHR Premium plus paint and primer in one,
I love this stuff,
it has easily covered the dark before paint...

I still have a lot of work to do,
and the view behind the camera is scary...

I will show you lots of pics soon...

(from this post if you want to see)

Here is the color the bedroom was,
I think it was called Victorian Amethyst...


when making a big color change,
I always get a little scared halfway through,
unsure of the color...
do you do this?

So it was nice today to take a short break and take some pics,
setting pretty objects against the new wall color
reaffirms my happiness :-)

the above Eden Rose above
is certainly a pretty object :-)
the blooms are still coming slowly....

our first night dipping into the 30's is forecast for the weekend,
so I better treasure them while I can!



the little berries on the Beauty Berry are ripening...

I have a fall project that has been on hold,
waiting for them...



Wishing you a wonderful fall weekend...

Today I am joining...
and

Have a Great Weekend :-)

17 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Can't wait to see the new color--though I love the old paint! I agree with you--I always get the paint with primer in it!

Blondie's Journal said...

It is always scary to try a new color...paint is not cheap and the labor not easy. But I think you picked a beautiful color!! Hang in there!

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

Yep- I have done many deep GULPS as I looked at something when I was halfway through painting it. I think your new color is beautiful though and I'll bet you like it better than the darker paint once you are done. Bella- No matter WHAT you do -it is always beautiful! xo Diana

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Love those berries! Can't wait to see what you got cookin'. The new color looks sensational! Did you say THIRTY DEGREES????? Holy cow. We're in the fifties and I'm feeling sorry for myself! Well, you will definitely have a PINK Saturday!xx

Sizzle and Zoom said...

Would love to grow the Eden rose. Yours is beautiful.

jeanetteann said...

I love the old colour,it's so pretty, hope the new colour is as nice. I'm sure it will be though. Love that shelf too xx

flowersandhome said...

Love those berries! I wish I had a bush like that in my garden and I look forward to your project waiting for the berries to ripen. In the meantime, your painting job will keep you busy I'm sure! Looking forward to the 'finished' pictures already!!!
Bye,
Marian

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Bella, the colour looks lovely. Love those berries! Such pretty berries they are too and I can't wait to see what you do with them. Happy Pink weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Gayle said...

I am painting my kitchen right now as well. As much as I hate the chore of painting, I adore the finished result. A clean totally different room! Love the pink but also loved the vintage purple. Enjoy the sunshine!

Madelief said...

Hi Bella,

Good luck with your painting! Looking forward to see the bedroom once finished.

Happy weekend,

Madelief x

Sarah said...

Bella, I'm impressed that you take on such a project and look forward to seeing the finished room. Love the soft shade.
Happy weekend. ~ Sarah

Julie Marie said...

Hi Bella, everything looks so beautiful, I love those berries!... I also love your previous color as well as your new one... you have the magic touch in decorating so pretty and feminine... xoxo Julie Marie

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Bella
I'm envious of your ability to paint a room, something I've never done.
The old colour is nice but change is always good and allows for new decor.
I'm sure you'll make something elegant with the beauty berries.
Judith

janice15 said...

I THINK ITS A PRETTY COLOR..LOVE IT..

Judi said...

Hi Bella
It is sometimes scarey trying new paint colours. I know that for sure I can't wait to see what your "brave" change was. I really need to do some painting in my livingroom too.
Judi

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Gloaming is an updated mauve. I like it!

Rose Scented Cottage said...

I think all the colors are so pretty...no worries your very talented and should not be affraid of color!!!