Dec 5, 2011

My Stick Christmas Tree (literally!)...



I have been slow to start my Christmas decor this year...

I am usually
 a get it all done the weekend after Thanksgiving girl...

this year I wanted to shake up tradition,
try something different,
leave the fake trees in the attic,
dream a new dream...


do you nest hunt?

in the autumn
when the last leaves have fallen
I love to look for nests...

these mossy delights
are the most common nest style found here...


tradition says that a nest in your Christmas Tree,
will bring you luck in the coming year...


so when I found this nest
in this perfect little tree top,
I decided to make it my tabletop tree...

besides with two puppies
a tabletop tree was a good idea!

the pups are eight months old now,
what I think of as the rebellious teenage years :-)


a pretty little silver bird
roosts in the nest...


and sparkle was added...




snow and ice are a common theme
in my Christmas decor..


because, 
I am always dreaming of a white Christmas...


I love the soft ghostly patina
of vintage balls...
only a hint of color remains...


the silver bird looks content,
maybe she too is dreaming of a White Christmas,
snuggled warmly in her soft mossy nest...

Today I am joining...
&
for
 Rustic Christmas

Thanks for stopping by today!