Dec 21, 2011

A Winter Solstice Tablescape...

The longest night of the year
 is soon to be upon us...


I found these wonderfully simple
 Catholic Prayer Candles at my grocery store
in the fall...
I have been using them everywhere...


for the long night ahead,
I gathered them as a centerpiece...

a centerpiece so bright
 it could punch a hole in the darkness
that lies ahead...


in mass
the simplicity of the candles
is quiet and stunning...




embracing the calm quiet,
I set them table
in only white....


 

an optimist would see the
oncoming longest night of the year
as a night
with extra time for star gazing...


a night to be bedazzled...


to soak in the sparkle...


delicate wings
fill the plates
with whimsy and fluff...


softly capping delicate napkins...



it's easy to welcome the night
knowing...

from here on out the days
will only get longer!


Tonight I am joining...

Thanks for stopping by tonight...

19 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Light up the night! I'm definitely one of those celebrating the days starting to get longer again! So many fine touches on your pretty table. Love the china and napkins, and that elegant silver.But you know how I love white tables! Merry, Merry! xx

Anita said...

Sp pretty!! I have thought about those candles when I pass them in the store, so now I know I have to have some. What a beautiful table and such a great idea for a long winter night!

Sherry said...

Oh Bella,
That is a great idea using those candles. We have them here too. Nice table! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Sherry

A Sense of Design said...

Really very beautiful and a lovely change for Christmas with the all white!

Kelsie From Our Country Home said...

Just lovely

NanaDiana said...

It is so pretty, Bella. I never really mind the long nights here when it is cold and snowy. I just fire up the fireplace and use low lamplight and candles and love to live in the moments. Your candles and table are just gorgeous! Merry,Merry Christmas to you- xo Diana

GardenGirl said...

Happy Winter Solstice Bella...beautiful post.
and your Merriest Christmas ever ;)

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Inspiration!
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Karen Xavier said...

oh wow! This sight is so heavenly. The candles and how they glow are sometimes all you need to put yourself in the rigth spirit. Love the whole white setting.

Brenda's Blog said...

Beautiful Blog...love it! Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

Beautiful, Bella. Stopping by to wish you a very merry Christmas. ~ Sarah

Tracey@Breathing English Air said...

You are so right, their simplicity makes them absolutely stunning. A beautiful post, as always.
I hope you have a very joyful Christmas and best wishes for 2012.

Elna said...

Merry Christmas.

Hugs
Elna

gilda said...

Merry Christmas...:-)
Hugs,Gilda

Sheila said...

Ohhh, I absolutely adore the tiny angel wings. Your table (as always) is soooo beautiful. Blessings and a very Merry Christmas.

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Sweet Solstice to you, dear Bella!
Lovely idea...
xoxo
Sandy

pink*cherub*moon said...

So pretty, simple, lovely and elegant! The little angel wings are adorable! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Leena

The Polka Dot Closet said...

That was a fabulous post, love the candles and angels, big and small, thank you for showing us!

Merry Christmas
Carol

Tess said...

I love this longest day of the year (I love the nighttime). Your table is gorgeous and perfect for a long frosty night!

Have a very Merry Christmas!