Jan 5, 2012

An Afternoon with David, Berry and Daisy...


I am not lucky enough
to have a garden full of roses
in the middle of winter....

and the long wait from the last bloom
till the first new bloom,
seems endless
on dreary winter days...


David Austin knows this...

that is why his beautiful catalog arrives
right around Christmas time...


whether you are a gardener with dirty hands
or a gardener in your heart...

his dreamy catalog
will have you oohing and aahing...

and they are free here is the link...


New for 2012
Princess Anne
has already stolen my heart and is on the
top of my list...

can't you just smell the Tea Rose now?
aah...


Berry my ever at the ready to snuggle buddy
waits for me on the sofa...


Daisy decide to get in on the cuddle too...

I have learned I will never be a pet photographer,
getting one to be still and sit pretty is hard enough,
two has been nearly impossible..

I was glad to get a nice set of pics of the two together,
Daisy is like looking back in time,
she looks just like Berry did
when he was a pup...


pretty pink roses brighten the day!

Whole Foods has free trade roses,
for only ten dollars a dozen
that last and last...

that is when there are not two rebellious
 wild puppies on the loose...


you know those romantic movie scenes,
millions of rose petals scattered down the hall
and across the bed...
the girls could be set designers for this
except they include the stems and leaves...

well, at least I have pretty pics:-)


Puppy Love...

Tonight I am joining...
and

Thanks for stopping by today....

16 comments:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Ooooh, drooling over here! For years we grew only hybrid teas...so beautiful! Last year we planted knockout roses...really long lasting!
Blessings!!

Shirley said...

I love your sweet Berry & Daisy..and I think this is one awesome photo of them together..it's almost like they were ready for you to take a picture..and ready to please! LOL!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

LOTS of pretty to look at today, Bella. Pretty pups, pretty roses, and your room is gorgeous too. Love that cuddly couch! Oh yeah, and the table arrangement! Thanks for the link. I'm DEFINITELY going to order that catalog.xx

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Thank you so much for the link to the catalog. I need to order some David Austin roses I've seen at My Romantic Home blog. Your photos are lovely and your dogs are so elegnant looking.

Devon said...

Oh thank you for heads up about the catalog I went and ordered one right away,,as I am renting I will be putting them in containers and they have specific ones for the,,have a wonderful weekend,,huggs
Devon
P.S..you have 2 adorable puppies, who are very photogenic,,

Becky C said...

Bella, those sweet dogs are adorable!! And I just may have to get a copy of the David Austin catalog. I need some of those gorgeous roses :) Beautiful pics

Gayle said...

What sweet little faces... I am going to go over and order myself a rose catalog; I am dreaming of flowers and making do with primroses right now.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Gayle from Behind the Gate

Olga said...

Beautiful pictures. The little bouquet of roses is so sweet. And your dogs are such darlings.
Happy New Year!

Liz said...

Thank you for linking this pretty post to Fresh-Cut Friday! Those little puppies are so cute. :) I think that you did a great job photographing them. I'm going to check out the link to the catalog. I have to replace one of my rose bushes and I want something lavender in shade. Thank you for the info.
~Liz

nannykim said...

Beautiful pics of those dogs!

Gunilla said...

Vilken fin Bloggbakgrund! Var hittar man den?

Sweetladyelaine said...

One word for this post" BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
Blessings my Friend,

Jennelise said...

I know what you mean about dreary winter - when the leaves fall completely from the trees I always get a little sad because I know the long winter is on it's way. Right now I am LONGING for green :) Thankyou for your beautiful photos!
Jennelise

Sherry said...

I still have my last two DA rose catalogs! Swoon! You did a great job on the puppy photos Bella! They are adorable! Thank you for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

antonella said...

Very nice blog .. nice photos Congratulations! But those beautiful dogs are yours??

George said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.