Apr 22, 2012

It's Earth Day...

Happy Earth Day!

It is a BEAUTIFUL DAY here,
I hope the sun is shining softly on you too...

I spent this morning planting the new roses...

then decided to bask in the day...


I set up the wicker sofa
under the Cherry tree...


right next to the fragrant Viburnum...



look BLUE SKIES!

the sun really does shine in Seattle,
sometimes...


an old china tea cup,
wisps of flowers...




the Rhubarb is ready
and last night I made
the first pie...


took the time to talk to friends
I haven't seen in a while...

(the Victorian Garden Catalog)

I brought along this old garden book
for planning inspiration...


why don't they make wire baskets
 this amazing anymore?


the pie
and the dappled sunlight
make me LAZY...


good thing I brought my pillow :-)

today I am joining...
and

Hug a tree for Earth Day :-)
(go on no one is looking )