Jun 6, 2012

Breakfast with Peonies...

I am admittedly
not a morning person...
(my Mr. will agree with this wholeheartedly)


my only morning regret...

the dining room is only bathed in sunlight
first thing in the morning...


well,  my Mr.  has been on a different work schedule
this week..

we are keeping strange (for us) hours...

I knew it was my chance
 to buld a tablescape
bathed in the wonderus morning light...


for me it all starts with the flowers...

when it's Peony season,
a whole bucket full
just feels right!



both the plate and charger
are of newer make...

the plates are by Martha Stewart,
the chargers are from Marshall's...

I thought they added the chic
to my farmy enamelware bucket..
for a little farm chic...


the teawares are vintage...


the cups and creamer
are a mix of Royal Albert patterns...



the silver is also a mix...


a little glass bird
keeps watch...


My Peonies are joined by...
sprigs of Lady's Mantle
and
Pink-A-Boo flowers...


I brought out my ruffled tablecloth...

O.K.  who am I kidding?
I LOVE this thing and can't put it away!


because there are never enough ruffles..

I added a battenburg lace topper
for extra detail...



and now
 a secret to share...


I just learned this little trick...

by placing a vase of water inside
your bigger vase (or bucket :-) )
your create a make-shift frog,
which makes
for easier arranging...

Today I am joining...
and

 
Thanks for joining me for breakfast...
and not laughing
 at my morning hair!