Jun 18, 2012

The Last Tea of Spring...

Summer is almost here...


it's time to sing a swan song to the spring...


I went to my favorite garden spot,
for a little tea time...

dry under the gazebo,
listening to the soft hush of rain falling...

gently...



Gertrude Jekyll joined me...

and on occasion a wet dog,
begging me to come back inside...

have I told you this about my prissy
pack of dogs?

they very much dislike
being wet...

they are catlike...



a soft colored cup,
like the softness of the day...


a bundle of flowers...

Fever-Few,  Lupine,  and Toadflax...


 I baked mini banana nut muffins,
because it's still cool enough to enjoy baking...


tucked in sprigs of Lavender,
because,
 they are wonderful!




with the summer there is so much to come,
but I will miss the spring...



Today I am joining...
and

Thanks for sipping with me today...